Gettysburg College is seeking a full-time manager for our new Innovation and Creativity Laboratory. This position will report to the Director of Educational Technology Department, part of the Information Technology division that supports campus academic and administrative technology operations and initiatives.
The ICL Manager is focused on immersing faculty and students in design thinking and an appreciation for creating and building. They will be responsible for engaging the Gettysburg community in programs that invite participants from all areas of the college to learn by doing as they tinker and create using science, engineering, technology and art.
Job requirements include:
- Passion and knowledge about the use of technologies to support creative, engaging learning
- The ability to develop innovative and novel content based around active, hands on learning in an inclusive setting
- Being an ambassador of the Innovation and Creativity Lab both on and off campus
- Experience working with college-age students both in- and outside typical classroom settings
- The ability to outreach to campus groups such as the Garthwait Leadership Center, the Center for Public Service, the Center for Career Engagement and others.
- Being able to train and develop student workers
- Seeking internal and external grant funding to support ICL activities
- Exploring opportunities to develop ICL activities with K-12 education and local communities
Review of application materials will begin on November 1, 2019. Position will remain open until filled.
Last updated: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 01:37 UTC