LAC Group seeks a Data Analyst for a large prestigious media/entertainment organization in the West Los Angeles area. The data analyst will be responsible for exposing meaningful information through the use of data mining and analytics techniques to help identify discrepancies in media inventories and asset records. The data analysis will be performed on current and legacy asset management systems, storage vendor inventories, and historical datasets held on spreadsheets. The outcome of this research is the creation of an implementable data parity roadmap for the organization’s archives to tackle. An understanding of media asset cataloging in an archive setting is desirable.
- Perform data mining and analysis, identify patterns, and draw conclusions
- Present findings in spreadsheets, dashboards, and visualizations in support of actions taken to improve data parity/cataloging
- Provide reporting and operational metrics
- Conduct ad hoc data analysis as requested
- Extensive experience with analyzing data preferably in a media, entertainment, or archiving environment.
- Oracle SQL/ANSI compliant SQL querying skills are required.
- Experience with TOAD and FMPro are required.
- Advanced Excel skills including macros, formulas, and pivot tables are required.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and solutions in easy-to-read reports is a plus.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 22:24 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 22:24 UTC