Library Systems Administrator
Boston College Libraries is seeking an energetic and creative person to join a team committed to re-imagining the user experience for tomorrow’s researchers. In collaboration with partners from across campus, this role will ensure that library systems are maintained and optimized, and will also develop and implement new technologies to seamlessly deliver library resources to users. The successful candidate will enjoy solving interesting problems, experimenting with new ideas, and will have a strong user focus.
This role will administer and support library systems including resource sharing (ILLiad) and library access mechanisms (proxy server), and will work closely with the Systems Librarian to support the library services platform (Alma).
The Libraries are committed to promoting a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion for all members of the Boston College community. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and strongly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
Compensation: Hiring range $67,700 - $84,650. Boston College also offers a highly competitive benefits package.
- Manage and support library applications (ILLiad, EZProxy, OpenAthens, Alma)
- Participate in collaborative software development projects as a member of the Library Systems team
- Through user experience research, develop strategies to optimize library systems
- Collaborate across Library departments to provide systems training and documentation
- Investigate emerging technologies and bring new opportunities to key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Occasional weekend or off-work hours are required to handle system outages and routine maintenance.
- 2 years of related work experience
- MLS/MLIS/MIS from an ALA Accredited School
- Experience administering web applications, preferably academic library systems
- Experience developing web applications (or willingness to learn)
- Working knowledge of distributed version control systems such as Git (or willingness to learn)
- Proven ability to work within a team environment and actively promote collaboration
To learn more about working at Boston College Libraries, see: https://libguides.bc.edu/employment
To apply for this job, please go to: https://bc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=3399&site=1
Please contact Emily Singley at 617-552-2918 or email@example.com if you have questions.
How to apply
Please contact Emily Singley at 617-552-2918 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted by: email@example.com
Published: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 15:12 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 15:12 UTC