Apply now Job no: 494068
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This shared position reporting equally to the Digital Services Librarian & Access Services Librarian will assist students, faculty, and staff with data services (DS) and data inquiries as well as supporting the full range of Interlibrary loan (ILL) processes. Work also includes assistance supporting data services by choosing software, manipulating data, creating charts and graphs, and conducting in-person consultations and/or training for large groups on both our South Orange and Clifton/Nutley campuses.
Seton Hall University Libraries is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides consulting services for undergraduates, graduate students and faculty working with quantitative data in a variety of academic disciplines through individual consultation and group training on-line or in-person (DS).
- Develops research guides, reports, visualizations, and other digital outputs of SHU University Libraries data. Retrieve/manipulate complex data from a variety of sources; transfer data between platforms for use in multiple computing environments (DS).
- Continuously learn new methods, software, and approaches, and help shape quantitative and qualitative research through innovative methods and approaches. Maintain rich understanding of data management best practices for data sharing, curating, and archiving (DS).
- Participates in ILL request fulfillment, focusing on lending requests for library materials through multiple consortia programs, such as RapidILL, IDS, and OCLC. Serves as backup for all ILL functions. Keeps up to date with library and resource sharing trends and developments by engaging with ILL listservs and participating in webinars. In turn recommends resource sharing initiatives (ILL).
- Maintains relationships with key contacts at member libraries, partners, and vendors related to ILL and resource sharing. Maintains and updates consortia lending programs for accurate reciprocal lending and billing, including library addresses. Ensures CONTU Copyright compliance. Coordinates billing for lending services (ILL).
- Assists in developing and implementing policy, procedural and/or technological improvements. Works collaboratively with colleagues to improve workflow and assess department performance. Manages student workers for both data services and ILL, including maintaining documentation for staff and student workers (DS & ILL).
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years experience with data software and data visualization, project planning and technology.
- Experience with a Library Management System and ILL, and facility with searching Library resources (databases, repositories, etc.).
- Studies in Library Science, Math, Computer Science, Data Science, Data Visualization, Education, Psychology or a related field.
- Develop/understanding of ILL procedures and of data management and processing services.
- AD150 - Administrative
- General Office Environment
Last updated: Monday, September 30, 2019 21:39 UTC