DescriptionDaniel A. Reed Library seeks a creative, collaborative, learner-centered professional librarian to partner with academic departments and collaborate with other faculty librarians.
This position has overall responsibility for leading a team effort to provide high quality information discovery systems that support teaching and learning across campus. The person in this position will:
Works to advance Reed Library’s digital presence
- Provide leadership and share responsibility for planning, implementing, and maintaining the Library website, and other digital systems and services through which Library patrons locate information.
- Envision, develop, and execute digital projects and use new technologies and social media platforms to facilitate instruction, learning and research in collaboration with the library faculty.
- Facilitate assessment and use of analytic tools to gather report and evaluate web statistics and data.
- Work closely with members of the library and campus community, to plan, implement, and coordinate library resources and services that address the unique information and research needs of our online learning community including integration with the campus Learning Management System.
- Masters degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited institution.
- Two years experience integrating technology in library services or a degree or certificate in a technology-related field
- Recent work experience in academic libraries
SUNY Fredonia prides itself on an outstanding workforce. To continually support organizational excellence, the university conducts background screens on applicants. An affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, SUNY Fredonia encourages and actively seeks applications from minorities, women, and people with disabilities.
Published: Friday, October 5, 2012 17:22 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC