About the position
TIND is a small but growing startup on a mission to reimagine library technology. Our platform can be used as an ILS and for Digital Asset Management (IR, research data, digitized). TIND is working with a growing number of customers worldwide, including Caltech, UC Berkeley and Columbia. Our highly valued customers need ongoing support related to the use of TIND's software products.
TIND is looking to expand its support team, with a particular focus on library expertise.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Provide support, technical expertise and configuration services to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with the support team on bugs and problems reported by the customer. Identify causes, develop, test and deliver bug fixes.
- Engage in customer communication on issue assessment, status and resolution time.
If you are interested in any of the following, we encourage you to apply:
- MARC 21 or other standard cataloging practices
- Metadata interoperability and mapping, e.g. between MARC 21 and other schemas like Dublin Core and DataCite.
- System configuration: customize search UIs, record UIs and submission forms
- Documentation of system features and workflows (customer documentation)
The following requirements should be met:
- Relevant education: library and information science
- Solid written communication skills (English)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability and desire to learn fast
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following technologies is a plus, but not a requirement: HTML, CSS, JS, XML, MySQL, Python
- Familiar with basic Linux system administration and commands is a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience within customer support is a big plus, but not a requirement
- Experience within academic libraries is a big plus, but not a requirement
At the TIND Norway office (Oslo) or the TIND U.S. branch office (California). U.S.-based candidates can also be considered for remote work (home office).
Last updated: Friday, August 30, 2019 16:34 UTC