Date Posted: 8/21/2019
- Creates and leads data collection and analytic strategies to identify key customer and community insights and needs.
- Recommends key performance indicators and metrics to establish best practices and benchmarks to ensure opportunities to increase the impact of Library services are identified.
- Works closely with all levels of Library staff, community partners, and vendors to make data-driven recommendations that are designed to support and inform the direction of strategic initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Strategy and IT Departments to develop and analyze Library website and IT statistics to understand customer preferences and create an optimal online user experience.
- Creates visualization dashboards to communicate analytics effectively and in a meaningful way, while working with other Library departments to ensure the credibility reliability, and value of the data.
- Participates in and recommends data-driven approaches to comprehensive facilities planning, feasibility research studies, policy development, budget development, and staffing analysis.
- Creates statistical models from surveys, studies, and evaluations in order to measure effectiveness of services/programs. Provide predictive analytics to make valid predictions about future customer behavior.
- Gathers, analyzes, and relates data from the Census Bureau, regional planning organizations, and other sources to create district and branch-specific demographic profiles and forecasts, and to ensure appropriate Library response to community needs.
- Conducts analyses of Library activities to identify successes and areas of opportunities with the goal of ensuring the Library is offering events and programs that best fit customers’ interests and needs.
- Leads and serves on project teams.
- Participates in other duties as assigned or requested.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of significant experience in data analytics and statistical analysis with demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and present significant amounts of information to large groups with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in project management and leading cross-departmental project teams.
- Demonstrates proven digital literacy and expert knowledge of Microsoft Office software, experience with OrangeBoy preferred.
- Demonstrates strong ability to effectively communicate analysis through graphs, spreadsheets, reports, pivot tables, and other presentations to audiences with varying levels of understanding.
- Utilizes effective data mining techniques to gather data from reputable sources.
- Exhibits self-motivation with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, perform multiple tasks concurrently, and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently, on teams and as a team leader.
- Familiarity with the latest methods of developing, conducting, and analyzing surveys and other data.
- Models excellent customer service behavior and delivery.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and staff.
- Exhibits strong initiative and attention to detail.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Undergraduate degree in Statistics or relative field required, Master’s degree preferred.
40 Hours per week
Grade 9: $54,412.80 - $81,078.40 annually
How to apply
800 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH, 45202
Published: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 14:38 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 14:38 UTC