- This individual will work collaboratively across disciplines supporting faculty and staff as they integrate VR/AR/Immersive Technology learning experiences utilizing our Educational Goals such as Aesthetic Discernment, Creativity, and Disciplinary Practice (see Hamilton’s full Educational Goals athttps://www.hamilton.edu/academics/catalogue/educational-goals-and-curriculum).
- This individual will work broadly supporting the introduction of creative technologies across the college curriculum. This role will be involved in creative experimentation in the scoping and implementation of collaborative projects. Possible learning experiences might include collaboratively developing a multi-channel mixed live video and augmented reality installation in Hamilton’s Wellin Museum; incorporating artifacts from Special Collections and Archives into virtual or augmented presentations; or developing virtual or augmented presentations associated with live performance.
- Work with others in support of new modes of creative expression and representation, by exploring emerging tools and technologies.
- Develop virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality technologies as learning experiences with faculty across the curriculum.
- Develop and manage workflows and technologies in support of immersive and mixed reality curricular and co-curricular activities in a team based environment.
- Collaborate with experts across campus and routinely with professionals in Library Information and Technology Services.
- Develop students’ understanding of how to work within and produce immersive technology experiences.
- Document work and communicate outcomes to professional and lay audiences.
- Facilitate understanding of the affordances and limitations of augmented and immersive technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of two years experience in professional practice
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Fluent with Unity and C# (two or more years experience).
- Experience with VR/AR headsets and controllers such as the HTC Vive, Oculus, HoloLens, Magic Leap, and motion capture accessories.
- Familiarity with mobile application development for Android and iOS.
- Experience communicating project designs, storyboarding, and prototyping.
- Strong project management, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines.
- Understanding of ethical implications of working with new communication technologies and emerging media.
- Demonstrated curiosity and willingness to troubleshoot emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate commitment to supporting diversity, equality, and inclusion.
Please submit cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and a VR or AR portfolio of work you have contributed to. Please address your cover letter to Dr. Nhora Serrano, Associate Director for Digital Learning and Research. If granted an on campus interview, candidates will be expected to make a presentation that includes their contributions to developing immersive technologies. In your cover letter, please describe your experiences with diversity and inclusion and your potential to support Hamilton's commitment to the same. Consideration of candidates will begin August 19, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
LITS is committed to creating an accessible, supportive environment and an educational experience that recognizes diversity and cultural competence as integral components of academic excellence. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Hamilton College (www.hamilton.edu) is a residential liberal arts college located in the Mohawk Valley of upstate New York. Applicants with dual-career considerations can find other Hamilton and nearby academic job listings at www.upstatenyherc.org, as well as additional information at https://www.hamilton.edu/dof/faculty-development/resources-for-prospective-or-new-faculty/opportunities-for-spouses-or-partners (Opportunities for Spouses or Partners). Hamilton College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in all areas of the campus community. Hamilton provides domestic partner benefits. Candidates from underrepresented groups in higher education are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Published: Monday, August 26, 2019 14:32 UTC
Last updated: Monday, August 26, 2019 14:32 UTC