LAC Group is seeking an experienced Metadata Librarian to work for a major Federal Museum in Washington, DC. The selected individual will lead efforts in migrating and organizing existing media and corresponding metadata. They will also provide guidance for using the system to streamline workflows. This is a 9-months full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position. Potential to extend contract pending budget allocation.
- Working with rights metadata to support open access, updating and enhancing records in a DAM system (DAMS)
- Batch upload assets and metadata to the DAMS
- Assist with mapping and migrating data from legacy sources to DAMS fields.
- Set up workflows to facilitate or automate the creation, ingestion, management, and distribution of digital assets.
- Assist in bringing existing assets up to appropriate standards, including reorganization of file directories and metadata cleanup projects.
- Establish and enforce institutional guidelines for asset and metadata management in the DAMS.
- Create and maintain DAMS documentation.
- 2+ years practical experience in a museum or library, including: database management, software administration, rights management, metadata standards and practices, file formatting, and data migration.
- Relevant experience in developing, managing, and stewarding digital collections in a museum, library, and/or archives environment. Knowledge of digital asset management systems (specifically Orange Logic) preferred.
- Knowledge of metadata standards for cultural objects and images, such as CDWA and VRA Core, and a general understanding of other metadata schemas such as Dublin Core, XML, MODS, etc.
- Knowledge of rights mgmt a plus
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster a collegial work environment that encourages trust and innovation.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing procedures and documentation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team as well as independently.
- Solid computer skills and the ability to learn new software.
- Solid analytic skills to improve processes.
How to apply
Published: Friday, August 9, 2019 21:48 UTC
Last updated: Friday, August 9, 2019 21:48 UTC