FOR FULL DETAILS AND TO APPLY: https://jobs.wustl.edu/, Job ID #44966
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Digital Scholarship and Technology Services, the Head of Library Technology Services provides leadership and expertise in the selection, development, and implementation of library technologies, infrastructure, and technology services for Libraries staff and users of the Libraries. The incumbent directs a professional staff of software developers, end user support specialists, and other information professionals to develop, implement, and manage sustainable operations and strategic initiatives collaboratively in support of the Libraries’ technology priorities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managerial Leadership: Provide leadership, vision, and direction for the Library Technology Services unit; lead the work of collaborating staff, coordinate Libraries-wide work and programming, and facilitate organizational contributions of the program with visible leadership that promotes a culture of performance; initiate and lead the planning, implementation, and assessment of program services and activities in alignment with Library strategic directions. Lead the planning, development and implementation of a comprehensive Library-wide scholarly communication program, including research services, education and outreach programming, and policy protocols.
- Performance Management: Hire, train, direct, and mentor staff to carry out duties at the expected high level of performance, and regularly assess staffing performance effectiveness with clearly articulated performance expectations and regular, timely feedback in alignment with organizational processes and standards.
- Workplace Management: Develop, implement, and assess short- and long-term strategies for conducting unit services and key project activities; manage and regularly evaluate assignment of work and responsibilities for effective accomplishment of unit objectives; and manage an inclusive and equitable work environment for operations.
- Managerial Communication: Consistently demonstrate accurate, timely, informed, bi-lateral communications relevant to unit, organizational, and institutional issues, and manage unit awareness of organizational communications, including unit requirements and goals resulting from organizational strategy.
- Works with Libraries administration, unit heads, and staff to evaluate, prioritize, and manage technology applications, infrastructure, and initiatives in the Libraries, including the alignment of technology resources, collections and access systems, and digital library infrastructure. Actively collaborates with Libraries staff to evaluate, explore, and implement new technology platforms and services to meet the needs of WU community and the Libraries’ mission.
- Acts as a liaison and point of contact on behalf of the Libraries with Washington University IT and other key campus partners for issues related to information technologies. Collaborates with relevant Libraries staff and campus partners on service models, partnerships, and technology-related opportunities that support the Washington University community and mission. Collaborate and manage relationships with campus-wide technology services and external vendors to ensure proper implementation and management of hardware infrastructures, security policies, and authentication/authorization procedures in the Libraries.
- Maintain awareness of national and international best practices and advances in information technology services, including applications, implementations, and frameworks. Represent WUSTL and WU Libraries nationally and internationally in professional associations and relevant forums for higher education technology services. Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
How to apply
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 22:35 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 22:35 UTC