The Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) Libraries are currently inviting applications for an Electronic Resources Librarian position. For this faculty position, the Libraries are seeking an innovative candidate to provide expertise and leadership in procuring and managing electronic information resources (e-resources) including serials and streaming resources; licensing of electronic resources in all formats; and system administration for electronic resource platforms (including link resolvers, electronic resource management systems, and databases). You will be engaged in collecting and analyzing usage statistics and assisting with report preparation, reviewing workflows for efficiency and effectiveness, and will develop and maintain excellent relationships and communications with vendors and relevant library personnel. You will also be expected to attend and present at conferences and provide internal training within the Library. The ability to identify and resolve electronic resources access issues in a timely manner is essential to this position.
You are a key member of the Libraries Technology and Technical Services division. Librarians and archivists at the Carnegie Mellon University are members of the Library Faculty. To be considered for reappointment or promotion, you will be expected to demonstrate excellence in librarianship and in research or scholarship. For more information, please visit: https://www.cmu.edu/policies/faculty/appointments-librarian-and-archivist.html
Carnegie Mellon University is one of the world’s most dynamic and innovative institutions of higher education and stands among an elite group of top-tier international universities. In its over 100-year history, the institution has evolved from a small technical school to a leading global research university known for its preeminence in technology, business, humanities, and the arts. Recognized for its exceptional academic programs, collaboration across disciplines, and innovative leadership in education and research, the Times Higher Education of London ranked CMU No. 24 in the world, and No. 17 among U.S. universities in 2018. Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library program or equivalent, or information science or related field.
- Minimum of two years of directly relevant professional experience.
- Experience with electronic resource management including administration, maintenance, troubleshooting and tracking of online resources in an academic library.
- Experience with electronic resource management systems, and databases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of library systems used to provide access to electronic resource and serials and their interoperability, e.g. library management systems, discovery platforms, link resources.
- Experience and/or certification in Ex Libris Alma and Primo VE.
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in the electronic resources’ marketplace, pricing and delivery related to electronic resource management, including MARC, Open URL, COUNTER, SUSHI, ERMI, KBART and SERU.
- Evidence of the ability to engage in scholarship and/or creative achievement as required for reappointment and promotion.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications submitted by Aug 15, 2019 will receive priority consideration.
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Name and contact information of three professional references
Questions may be directed to Nikhil Shirali
How to apply
Published: Friday, August 2, 2019 19:17 UTC
Last updated: Friday, August 2, 2019 19:17 UTC