Electronic Resources/Collection Development Librarian
Created: September 28, 2012
Humboldt State University Arcata0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe Humboldt State University (HSU) Library invites applications for a forward-thinking Electronic Resources/Collection Development Librarian for a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position. Reporting to the Dean of the University Library, the Electronic Resources/Collection Development Librarian will have a lead role in collaboratively planning, developing, and maintaining the HSU Library’s electronic and physical information resources collections, including procurement, licensing, and supporting access to electronic and print information resources for student, curricular, and research needs, and California State University (CSU) and HSU distance education initiatives.
The HSU Electronic Resources/Collection Development Librarian will leverage knowledge of current trends in academic libraries, the publishing trade and copyright related to higher education, and teaching and learning pedagogies, to plan for and efficiently manage University Library electronic resources and physical collections. Working closely with Library faculty and staff, the Librarian will design and implement a University Library Collections Assessment program that supports data and curricula-informed decision making, and lead the search for emerging technologies impacting academic library collections and information resources.
We are seeking a dynamic, resourceful librarian to work collaboratively with Library and University personnel, and colleagues in the California State University (CSU) and Chancellor’s Office. Candidates whose qualifications demonstrate abilities to prepare individuals to function in a culturally and ethnically diverse society are especially encouraged to apply.
- ALA accredited Master’s degree in Library Science, or an ALA accredited degree from an equivalent program;
- Two or more years of recent professional academic or research library experience applicable to this position;
- Experience and effectiveness in developing and assessing inclusive academic library collections;
- Experience using appropriate statistical and analytical measures to effectively track use of information resources;
- Experience managing the migration of library collections from physical to electronic format;
- Experience developing information resource budgets;
- Experience with the procurement, licensing of, and supporting access to electronic and print information resources;
- Familiarity with the use and application of electronic and media information resources and technologies in higher education;
- Knowledge of higher education pedagogies and curricula;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively, and build successful professional relationships with clients and coworkers
- Commitment and/or experience promoting and fostering a learning environment that is supportive of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
For more information and to view complete vacancy announcement, please visit http://apptrkr.com/280910
Humboldt State University is an EO/TitleIX/ADA Employer
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC