The Penn Libraries is hiring an Instructional Designer to support Canvas!
Penn Libraries seek a highly motivated, creative Instructional Designer to serve as a member of the Courseware Support Team in the Teaching, Research, and Learning Services directorate. Reporting to the Courseware Manager, the Courseware Instructional Designer will work closely with library and campus educational technology and IT colleagues to promote teaching and learning with the Canvas platform based on sound learning theory, practice, and principles. The ideal candidate will possess professional experience designing online courses, teaching, and producing digital media. S/he will develop instructional materials and workshops, provide support for faculty, instructors, and staff; and will promote the use of Canvas and related technologies among schools and centers. S/he collaborates with colleagues across campus to leverage Canvas as well as evaluate and contribute to other emergent educational technology initiatives on campus.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Library/Information Science (or related field) and 1 to 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters' degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supporting or teaching with educational technology within a college or university setting.
- Demonstrated experience designing instruction, curricula, media, workshops and help documentation.
- The ability to work both independently and collegially, and to collaborate effectively
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment to proactive, courteous service.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and group presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 01:40 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 01:40 UTC