Official Title: Repository Librarian for Scholarly Works
Institution: University of North Texas
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Denton, TX
The UNT Libraries seeks an innovative leader with strong people skills to grow and maintain the UNT Scholarly Works repository at the University of North Texas (https://digital.library.unt.edu/scholarlyworks/). Reporting to the Head of Digital Curation Unit, the Repository Librarian will lead the UNT Libraries' efforts to collect, describe and publicize the unique contributions of faculty, staff and students of UNT. Working in collaboration with departments around the library and campus, the librarian will seek to expand institutional repository services in support of scholarly publication and Open Access activities at the University of North Texas. The librarian exercises broad independent judgment and authority under the general direction of the Digital Curation Librarian in the Digital Libraries Division. The librarian serves on library committees and work groups as assigned.
SPECIFIC POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work with UNT faculty, staff and students to place scholarly works into the UNT Scholarly Works repository.
* In collaboration with other library and campus stakeholders to develop and implement educational programs to increase awareness among UNT faculty, researchers, and students about scholarly communication issues (e.g. copyright compliance, fair use, publication rights, privacy rights, deposit responsibilities).
* Establish mechanisms to assist faculty, staff and students with the acquisition, description and end user access to their scholarly output.
* Work in close consultation and cooperation with the UNT Libraries' Subject Librarians, Research and Instructional Services, and Scholarly Communications Librarians.
* Monitor national institutional repository and scholarly publishing trends and policy issues.
* Maintain the Libraries' institutional repository informational and support website.
* Maintain, develop, and revise library policies and procedures related to scholarly works collected and maintained by the institution.
* Supervise student assistants in furtherance of scholarly repository services provided by the UNT Libraries.
* Maintain and update UNT Scholarly Works metadata records to reflect current practice and authority control rules.
* Maintain and update name authority records in the UNT Name App (https://digital2.library.unt.edu/name/) for new items added to the UNT Scholarly Works collection.
* Fosters positive relations with faculty, students, and staff and promotes the University's and Libraries' commitment to diversity.
* Performs consultation services, guest lectures, and serves on Library and University Committees as needed.
* Is active professionally and contributes to the developments in the field.
Required Education: ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information sciences or an international equivalent.
* Education: ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information sciences or an international equivalent.
* Evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to adjust priorities, take initiative, set goals, manage time wisely, and make quick effective decisions.
* Evidence of the ability to think creatively and develop products and services, such as publications, training materials, workshops, conferences, and other tools relevant to the scholarly output of UNT.
* Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish positive and productive collaborations with faculty.
* 1 year relevant experience, preferably in an academic library environment.
* Experience in planning, developing and publicizing projects.
* Experience with institutional repositories and metadata creation.
* Experience with scholarly communication issues (e.g. copyright compliance, fair use, publication rights, privacy rights, deposit responsibilities)
* Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in a Windows environment and with MS Office applications.
Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Submit CV, Cover Letter (Addressed to "Dear Search Committee"), and List of Three References. Copy and paste the link in your brower. Click on "Apply For This PositIng" at the bottom of the page. facultyjobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53629
How to apply
Marcia McIntosh - Digital Production Librarian
University of North Texas
1155 Union Circle #305190
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Published: Monday, July 8, 2019 23:35 UTC
Last updated: Monday, July 8, 2019 23:35 UTC