The Stephen F. Austin State University Ralph W. Steen Library, located in Nacogdoches, Texas is seeking a director of the library for a 12-month position. This position is an executive position responsible for the development and operation of university library functions, including planning, organizing, and directing library service programs in support of the educational and research goals of the university. This position is responsible for coordinating employment and directing performance of library staff; developing and recommending library policy with the assistance of the Library Committee; and preparing, submitting, and administering the library budget. This position works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the provost and vice president for academic affairs.
Key responsibilities include:
· Responsible, directly or indirectly, for all library operations.
· Plans, organizes, and directs library activity into meaningful long- and short-range programs supportive of the educational and research goals of the university.
· Initiates and recommends library policy to the university administration for approval, in cooperation with the library staff and the Library Academic Advisory Committee.
· Chairs the Library Administrative Committee and the Library Committee.
· Prepares and administers the library budget, including budgeting and administrative oversight in support of academic technology carried out by library departments.
· Serves as the university records management officer and oversees the records retention program.
· Recruits, hires, and participates in the evaluation of all professional staff, and approves appointment of all non-professional staff.
· Maintains cordial relations with the faculty, administration, and student body, working toward the achievement of academic goals pertaining to library operations.
· Serves on Dean’s Council, Academic Affairs Council, and as an ex-officio member of the Graduate Council, and advises on library support for new academic programs.
· Contacts prospective donors of large or important gifts and works with East Texas Research Center director and others in the acquisition of such materials.
· Plans and prepares grant requests.
· Approves all library operational hours.
Master’s degree from a library school accredited by the American Library Association is required.
Five years of academic library experience is required. Administrative experience with increasing responsibility is required.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To submit an application, visit http://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/4788
Last updated: Monday, July 8, 2019 23:36 UTC