Technical Services Specialist
The W.E. Upjohn Institute (Kalamazoo, Michigan) seeks a dynamic data professional skilled in providing exemplary service in an academic setting. This new role manages collection development, cataloging, and processing of print and digital items for the Institute's new Integrated Library System (Koha/Bywater) as well as digital asset management for the Institute Repository (Digital Commons/bepress). The position oversees all online resource processes (databases, online journal access, library OPAC, and e-books) including maintaining Full Text Finder and troubleshooting digital journal access issues.
* Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library and information science program
* Experience with integrated library systems, digital repositories, and national cataloging and metadata standards
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office/O365 and Adobe Acrobat Pro or similar
* Strong desire to learn new technologies and expand skill sets
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a team member as well as independently to accomplish common goals and to adapt to rapidly shifting priorities, goals, and deadlines
* Familiarity with Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) and the use of ORCID and GRID for tracking research output
* Demonstrated abilities in cataloging, controlled vocabularies, identity management, and linked data
* Conceptual knowledge of the protocols and tools used to create and organize data in library systems with metadata schema, digital platforms, and OAI
* Evidence of excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral communication skills, as well as an ability and desire to work across diverse groups
This full-time position receives 22 days of vacation a year plus 11 paid holidays, paid sick leave with provisions for extended benefits, as well as opportunities for professional development and travel. Generous retirement benefits include 12% qualifying company match and extended medical coverage.
About the W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research
Since 1932, the Upjohn Institute has functioned as one of the world's leading independent labor economics research organizations, seeking to research the causes and effects of unemployment and to devise ways and means of alleviating unemployment. Independent, non-partisan, and nonprofit. We are an equal opportunity employer.
About Kalamazoo, Michigan
Home of the Kalamazoo Promise, Kalamazoo is a progressive metropolitan area in Southwest Michigan, located just 30 minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan. Centered halfway between Chicago and Detroit, it has a rich arts culture and a strong educational community that includes Kalamazoo College, a private liberal arts college, and Western Michigan University, a large public research institution with a nationally-recognized medical school.
Submit CV/resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Librarian, IC / IR
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research
300 S. Westnedge Ave. | Kalamazoo, MI 49007
(269) 343 - 5541 |
Published: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 16:09 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 16:09 UTC