Member Services User Experience Coordinator - RSA
Hours: Monday - Friday, (8:00/9:00 am - 4:00/5:00 pm)
Salary: $44,500 - $56,000
Who we are…..
RAILS is one of two multi-type regional library systems in the state that serve and partner with academic, public, school, and special libraries. We are headquartered in Burr Ridge, IL and have service centers in Bolingbrook, Coal Valley, East Peoria, and Rockford which serve a 27,000 square mile area in northern and western Illinois. RAILS employees staff provide support services for the Resource Sharing Alliance NFP (RSA) library automation consortia operations. RSA is an organization of over 145 libraries in central and west central Illinois that provides library services to over 900,000 people.
Who we seek……
We seek a strong candidate who is versatile and a good team player to help us provide great service to RSA's member libraries, their patrons and students. The Member Services User Experience Coordinator's primary responsibility is to manage, configure, train staff to use, and enhance all of RSA's patron facing products including the online card catalog, RSA's support site, and 3rd party mobile apps. This includes scheduling informational and operational visits and applicable training in RSA member libraries. This position works with other Member Services team members to provide top quality circulation and patron-facing services including troubleshooting, patron and circulation policy, member library operations, special projects, the patron experience, and individual or group training. The position works closely with other RSA staff and RSA member libraries to ensure the effective operation, support and continuity of service to RSA's member libraries.
Core Job Functions:
- Advocates and proactively identifies opportunities to improve and maintain a high quality user experience for RSA member library patrons
- Examines and survey RSA member libraries and patrons to enhance and maintain unique and diverse online catalog and various iOS and Android apps
- Manages, updates, configures, and enhances the RSAcat online catalog and digital archive products, iOS and Android apps for library staff and patrons, RSA's website, online forms, and other library or patron facing products
- Creates and maintains library staff and patron facing training, documentation and learning tools
- Acts as the user-advocate during the full life cycle of RSA's various library staff and patron facing products including alpha/beta development process by 3rd parties or local development, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offers implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Actively seeks opportunities to engage positively with member libraries and their staff.
- Recommends and performs maintenance activities as directed to ensure quality control of the shared patron database
- Coordinates and conducts training, routine site visits, new director visits, and other relationship building activities to promote member engagement and communication with an emphasis on positive engagement
- Advises and consults with member libraries about strategies, policies, and procedures affecting library daily operations and customer service, particularly circulation functions, Workflows customization, and the end user experience
- Assists with the implementation of new and upgrading RSA member libraries, including RSA basics training, parameters discussions, and circulation, holds, patron training
- Develops and maintains circulation, holds, patron, policy and other content for the RSA library staff support web site
Other Potential Duties:
- Uses various communication channels, including help desk, email, phone, and in-person meetings to review and provide troubleshooting for circulation, holds, fees and fines, library-to-library disputes and more using an approach that follows RSA procedures in a language and format that is easily understood by colleagues and staff of various skill levels
- Prepares and presents workshops and individual or group training sessions to library staff of various levels of expertise at the RAILS East Peoria Service Center and at libraries throughout the RSA service area
- Participates and assists in RSA Circulation Committee meetings and other RSA Governance meetings, training events, group activities for RSA membership, continuing education events, and represent RSA in various professional activities
- Actively seeks, participates, and suggests professional development opportunities to maintain current awareness of circulation, policy and patron services trends, automation system technologies, users experience trends, and soft skill development for the Member Services team and RSA membership
- Cultivates constructive relationships and collaborates with RSA colleagues, RSA member libraries, library system staff, vendors, and other stakeholders with an emphasis on building consensus, relationships, getting results and advocating for the RSA membership
- Understands limits of the position's authority and when a problem, query, or concern should be relayed to a higher level of authority or another institute or entity.
- Thoroughly documents questions, complaints, comments, and other interactions with members, including actions taken on their behalf, in the RSA customer relations database.
- Responsible for maintaining timely and transparent member and staff communication about special projects
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or Associates degree or equivalent experience in Information Design, Interactive Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field preferred; Associate degree from a Library Technical Assistant (LTA) program and 3 years of relevant library experience in lieu of degree will also be considered
- Demonstrated experience with user-centered web design principles preferred
- Demonstrated experience creating concept designs, wire-frame and mock-ups preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement enhancements to Graphic User Interface (GUI) and make other graphics, video and web design outputs and recommendations preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with a diverse set of web tools, including content management systems, learning management systems, and html design tools preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Google Analytics or other tools for analysis of web statistics preferred
- Experience with User Experience needs assessments and evaluation of user satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and efficiently learn and implement new technologies and tools
- Minimum 1 year of experience delivering front-line customer service in a library setting strongly preferred, but other customer service experience will be considered
- Experience using integrated library systems strongly preferred, familiarity with SirsiDynix Symphony preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience using online public access catalogs (OPACs) preferred
- Experience in the development, implementation, and evaluation of training or workshops for individual and groups of adult learners preferred
- Experience creating detail oriented, clear, and concise documentation
- Ability to use extensive workplace technology including email, Internet, office software, remote collaboration tools, and other software
- Must have a valid Illinois driver's license with a clean driving record for occasional travel
What we offer…….
We offer a comfortable office working environment, competitive pay, and an excellent benefits package which includes health insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending, and paid time off. Our employees are encouraged to seek out professional development opportunities to keep us on the leading edge in our industry.
This position will be based at the RAILS East Peoria service center: 600 High Point Lane, East Peoria, IL 61611.
Deadline Date: Sunday, June 30, 2019
Application Note: To apply, send your resume with a cover letter with Member Services User Experience Coordinator - RSA in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Published: Friday, June 21, 2019 01:23 UTC
Last updated: Friday, June 21, 2019 01:23 UTC