The University of Southern California (USC) Libraries<https://libraries.usc.edu/> seeking a Programmer Analyst IV to provide library support functions as a member of the Integrated Library Systems (ILS). Reporting to the Director of Integrated Library Systems and working collaboratively with other functional areas, this position oversees libraries’ EZproxy access and authentication service used by Health Science Libraries, Law Library, and USC Libraries. The incumbent will further participate in the management of libraries’ Ex Libris Alma management system and Primo discovery service, the connectivity of electronic resources, the resolution of patron’s e-resource accessing issues, and the administration of campus-wide identity management and access services.
THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff and alumni that make this a top tier university.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Reporting to Director, Integrated Library Systems, the incumbent will:
· Leads the management of EZproxy and its interoperability with core library systems, including ILLiad Interlibrary Loan service, Alma LinkResolver service, Aeon Request and Workflow Management System, and ARES Electronic Reserve system, in supporting the access to and management of libraries’ electronic resources.
· Serves as the ILS lead of or technical specialist for library services related to campus-wide identity and access management, including global directory service, single-sign-on service, WorkDay, Student Information System, iVIP, and USCard Services.
· Advises Director, Integrated Library Systems in resource allocations, devising solutions, and monitoring progress.
· Participates in the management of Alma library management system and Primo discovery service.
· Serves as primary liaison to library units that select and acquire electronic resources, curate digital collections, and develop metadata records.
· Perform regular functional testing, scheduled software and SSL upgrades with minimum obstruction.
· Designs and develops applications using scripting languages to meet specific user group needs.
· Participates in the support and troubleshooting of issues reported by patrons on accessing library electronic resources and services.
· Works collaboratively with USC Information Technology Service and vendors/service providers and follows procedures and procedures to ensure application security.
· Ensures the healthy operation of key ILS systems by monitoring system and network performance and security.
· Stay informed of changes in technology by participating in campus IT, security, and global directory management and projects; engaging in professional and/or discipline organizations, meetings, and seminars; monitoring pertinent publications and online discussion forums; maintaining contact with vendors.
· Provide evening and weekend services.
· Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Minimum five years of experience in IT or library related field.
· Strong technical knowledge of and experience in programming, scripting, and data analysis
· Solid understanding of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols, metadata standards.
· Experience and knowledge in project planning and management.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
· Aptitude for detail and accuracy.
· Evidence of a strong customer-service orientation within an academic setting.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Strong commitment to diversity, equity, respect and inclusion.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
· American Library Association accredited MLS degree.
· Experience in working with integrated library system, library discovery service, and link-resolver system.
· Knowledge of general library operations.
· Experience in detecting unauthorized access to protected resources.
As part of the application, candidates must upload one document file (Word or PDF) that contains the following: 1) a cover letter, 2) Resume (including telephone and e-mail address).
USC is an equal-opportunity educator and employer, proudly pluralistic and firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding persons of every race, gender, creed and background. The university particularly encourages members of underrepresented groups, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. USC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Further information is available by contacting email@example.com
How to apply
(Mr.) Win Shih, Ed. D. | Director of Integrated Library Systems
University of Southern California ✌
3434 South Grand Ave. CAL 208, MC 2810
O: 213-740-9250 | M: 720-936-9097 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Friday, May 31, 2019 19:09 UTC
Last updated: Friday, May 31, 2019 19:09 UTC