Simmons College Library is accepting applications for the position of Digital Assets/E-Resources Librarian.
This position will develop and implement strategies to enhance management and presentation of digital collections including serials, knowledge bases and electronic resources. Responsibilities include: securing digital assets from multiple sources; maintaining licensing details, product data and vendor information in the electronic resource management system; coordinating activation and access of resources; contributing to discussions on appropriate metadata strategies to enhance discovery; anticipating and implementing trends in the delivery and preservation of digital resources; developing the institutional repository and institution specific digital assets; producing usage reports and statistics; providing training and documentation as necessary; coordinating daily work of library assistants; participating in reference service.
- Master's degree from an ALA accredited program in Library & Information Science
- Experience managing and acquiring eResources
- Demonstrated knowledge of integrating trends and best practices in digital asset management
- Minimum of 2 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in an academic library
- Experience using integrated library systems, preferably Innovative Interfaces (III)
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
To apply for this position, please go to our online employment site at: https://jobs.simmons.edu/. Click on "Search Postings" and apply online for this position and attach a cover letter and resume.
To go directly to this position posting, please click on: jobs.simmons.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51728
Review of applications will begin on October 1, 2012 Simmons is committed to excellence in education and employment through diversity.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC