DescriptionSwarthmore College seeks a qualified individual to provide coordination for the management of the library’s growing collection of serial and monographic electronic resources. This position collaborates with library staff at Swarthmore and within the Tri-College consortium to provide user-centric services for information discovery and access.
Responsibilities include acquisitions, cataloging, technical support, usage analysis, management and configuration of the link resolver knowledge base, management of proxy server data and problem resolution for these systems.
In collaboration with Tri-College colleagues, jointly manages all Tri-College online resources through the development and implementation of plans, policies and procedures for the acquisition, cataloging, discovery and technical maintenance of the resources, including the evaluation and implementation of new systems and the customization of public interfaces.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in electronic resource management and bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of link resolver software (preferably SFX), proxy server software, and experience with an integrated library system (preferably Innovated Interfaces).
- Facility with standard Microsoft Office software, especially Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills essential. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Commitment to using new technology to advance work goals and to enhance service. Solid organizational skills, flexibility and initiative. Enthusiasm for an innovative, evolving environment.
- Master of Library Science from an ALA accredited institution, completed or in progress.
- Familiarity with at least one foreign language.
- Knowledge of standard library metadata schema.
Published: Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:59 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC