LYRASIS is a service-oriented member supported organization working with and on behalf of libraries, archives and museums in the United States. LYRASIS is the organizational home for CollectionSpace. CollectionSpace is a web-based, open-source collection management software for museums and more.
We are currently seeking a Data Migration Specialist. This position will assist with extending and maintaining migration tools and provide excellent technical support and customer service to LYRASIS' hosting clients.
- Analyze clients' legacy data/data models, and advise them on the best way to clean-up, manipulate and prepare their data for migration into LYRASIS hosted platforms.
- In some cases, the migrations will be into client-operated systems.
- Assist clients with creating data maps, including consulting on solutions for data fields that do not map directly.
- Create scripts to facilitate the extraction, transformation and loading of legacy data and develop clear documentation in a shared location that can be used by other LYRASIS staff in other migration projects.
- Perform special data change and data clean-up projects on an as-needed basis.
- Produce project plans and timelines for client migration projects, adhere to these deadlines, generate realistic expectations, and communicate clearly with LYRASIS clients.
- Provide excellent technical support to LYRASIS hosting clients.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience with cultural heritage organizations' operations, workflows, data/metadata, and repository infrastructure.
- Knowledge of current metadata standards such as SPECTRUM, CDWA, CCO, Dublin Core, CIDOCCRM, DarwinCore, IIIF, and other emerging data standards.
- High comfort level with Linux, a shell prompt, scripting, PostgresSQL, Fedora or other relational databases, XSL and programming.
- Familiarity with OpenRefine, Talend, or other data ETL tools.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with minimum direction.
- Ability to work in a remote organizational structure.
Experience and Training
- Experience operating or managing open-source collections management/repository systems is preferred.
To Apply: All applications MUST be submitted with a cover letter for consideration.
Suitable applicants can apply on line: https://lyrasis.isolvedhire.com/
Last updated: Thursday, May 2, 2019 18:15 UTC