Tenure-track Reference and Online Services Librarian Librarian II/III
Reference and Online Services Librarian
Job no: 493597
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Camden, New Jersey
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University (CMSRU) Library, located in Camden, NJ seeks creative and dynamic candidates for the position of Reference and Online Services Librarian. This position will provide medical reference and research support to all library users. In addition, they will provide training, instruction, and technical support for the CMSRU Library’s electronic resources.
The library plays a central role in supporting the academic, research, and clinical enterprises of Cooper University Hospital and CMSRU, as well as its individual students, residents, faculty members, and staff. The library works closely with Campbell Library at Rowan University and RowanSOM Health Sciences Library colleagues on services and collections.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work in a complex, changing environment; a proven capacity to work effectively in teams and building partnerships; and will be committed to engaging in scholarly activities and providing service to the University, the community, and the profession.
This full-time tenure-track AFT (American Federation of Teachers) librarian position will report to the CMSRU Library Director. The successful candidate for this position will be hired at the rank of Librarian II (AFT Range 26) or Librarian III (AFT Range 22).
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, and the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position. Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide medical reference and research support in a variety of formats to all library users including students, faculty, clinicians, and staff of CMSRU and the Cooper University Hospital.
- Troubleshoot access and content-related issues and coordinate support for local electronic resource subscriptions, discovery and ILL systems, which include Alma/Primo, ILLiad, EZproxy, and other technologies and vendors.
- Administer and configure the library’s Springshare software instances, Drupal library websites, and other local library systems.
- Manages the library's online presence (OU Campus, Springshare): conducts website accessibility audits, tracks website usage and assists in performing usability testing.
- Maintain and update local electronic resource holdings and compile and analyze resource usage statistics for budget planning and subscription renewals.
- Collaborate with information technology departments to improve library management tools, systems, and electronic resources.
- Provide training, instruction, and technical support resources to the library’s users.
- Maintain currency in knowledge of emerging trends, best practices, and technical skills to support new initiatives.
- Work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively to promote teamwork, diversity, equality, and inclusiveness.
- Serve on library committees, represent the library on University committees, and participate in relevant activities of state, regional and national professional organizations and associations.
- Pursue appropriate presentation and publication opportunities expected of a library faculty member on the tenure track.
- A Master degree in Library Science (MLS or MLIS) from a library school accredited by the American Library Association (or ALA-recognized foreign equivalent) by the time employment commences.
- Experience in a health sciences or biomedical library environment and/or teaching hospital library.
- Familiarity with health sciences library resources such as PubMed and/or other biomedical information search systems.
- Experience with LibGuides, LibChat, LibAnswers Springshare software.
- Familiarity with computer systems, library tools, software, standards, and digital collections.
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to work in a fast-paced clinical environment, both independently and collegially.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence of a strong service commitment in a user-centered environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional responsibilities as the needs of the library grow.
- Familiar with emerging library technology projects such as makerspaces, etc.
- Interest in exploring grant opportunities
- Experiences with digital marketing and communications, such as social media
- Familiarity with digital library collections software
- Experience creating online instructional content
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
Advertised: Mar 26 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 30 2019 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Last updated: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 19:57 UTC