Cataloging and Metadata Trainer
Full time Remote / Telecommute
Amigos Library Services is hiring for a Cataloging and Metadata Trainer.
Provide education, consulting, and support for cataloging, classification, and metadata standards used by librarians and archivists. Duties include developing and conducting training courses and presentations on cataloging, classification, and metadata standards; monitoring current and emerging regional, national and international cataloging and metadata standards and practices; provide support and consulting for cataloging and metadata standards; and administering the RDA Toolkit member benefit and discount program.
This position reports to the Continuing Education Services Manager.
Amigos Library Services has offices located in St. Louis and Dallas. Remote work options are possible with this position. Some work-related travel will be required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 years related professional experience in cataloging, metadata, and/or technical services.
- 1 – 3 years of teaching, training, or instruction experience.
- Thorough knowledge of current library principles and practices for cataloging, acquisitions, serials, authority control, and digital metadata.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Considerable ability in oral and written communication.
- Professional library experience in an academic or public library environment.
- Experience creating or managing digital collections and/or an institutional repository.
Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited college or university with coursework in cataloging and classification.
Please submit cover letter, resume/CV, and references to Jodie Borgerding, Continuing Education Services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Last updated: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 18:48 UTC