Position : A05610, Date Posted : 4.5.19
ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Science and Technology Librarian
DEPARTMENT: Walsh Library, Rose Hill
• Under the direction of the Head of Reference and Information Services, the Science and Technology librarian provides critical user support through research consultations, teaching, workshops, collection development and initiatives such as data services and repository outreach to the STEM research and general learning communities of Fordham University.
• Collaborates with library staff and campus stakeholders across all three campuses and via online programs to integrate STEM specific information resources and library services into the curriculum and research initiatives of the University.
• Works directly and in collaboration with library EIC as well as ITAC staff in designing and supporting software and applications for the LITE initiative in Walsh library. This includes software selection, hardware and environmental considerations, and codification of best practices in the learning space ecosystem.
• Contributes to the development of innovative learning spaces throughout the libraries, integration of technological tools, expansion of experiential learning models, and cross-disciplinary exploration within a highly evolving library and collaborative information environment
• Works closely with the Reference & Digital Humanities Librarian, Metadata Librarian, Emerging Technologies Librarian, and Reference & Assessment Librarian to develop data management, visualization, GIS, informatics, and other innovative services tailored to needs of the Fordham STEM community.
• Provides in person, telephone, email, text, and chat research support in all subject areas, and acts as a primary liaison to all areas of STEM.
• Develops a dynamic social media and in-person outreach program to engage Fordham students, faculty, and researchers with the STEM support services offered by the library.
• Promotes the University digital repository, and provides guidance on broad issues pertaining to digital scholarship, open access, scholarly communication, and data curation as these topics pertain to the unique needs of the STEM community.
• Curates information about STEM scholarship, methodologies, research tools, and information sources to share across campuses in order to connect Fordham scholars across the disciplines and facilitate collaboration.
• Creates and delivers library instruction sessions in all subject areas, develops instruction models for STEM that can be replicated by non-STEM librarians.
• Participates in library-wide assessment programs and strategies.
• Assists in library collection development initiatives.
• Assists in the creation and maintenance of web based content management tools.
• Supervises library support staff and student assistants, and creates schedules as needed.
• Master’s Degree from an ALA accredited library school.
• Minimum of two years of professional experience in an academic library or a science collection preferred.
• Experience providing STEM reference and instruction services in person and via telephone, text, chat, email.
• Current knowledge of digital trends and platforms for academic libraries.
• Proficiency with statistical software applications, such as Excel.
• Broad familiarity with reference literature in a wide variety of disciplines including major print and electronic sources and databases; demonstrated knowledge of STEM resources.
• Experience creating and maintaining web based content management tools such as LibGuides.
• Comfortable developing content for web pages.
• Comfortable evaluating the usability and functionality of library sources.
• Experience assisting all levels of researchers including undergraduate, graduate, faculty, alumni, and freelancers.
• Familiar with online research repositories, digital collections, and open access archival materials.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
HOURS: Monday through Thursday 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
SEND LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Jane Suda, Head of Reference and Information Services ,Walsh Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer –Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
How to apply
email@example.com (no phone calls please)
Published: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 00:24 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 00:24 UTC