The Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library supports the teaching and learning missions of four institutions of higher learning that comprise the world's largest consortium of HBCUs-Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman College. Conveniently located and easily accessible to the campuses, the Woodruff Library is a shared resource for the intellectual and cultural life at the Atlanta University Center. The Library was the 2016 recipient of the ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award in the university library category.
The Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library seeks a creative and detail-oriented Webmaster & Multimedia Specialist. This position reports to the Unit Head of E-Learning Technology and manages all aspects of the library's website and mobile app, including layout and design, routine maintenance, updates, collaborations with library staff, and serves as liaison with the library's website development company. Working with the E-Learning Technologies Unit, this position provides information assistance, customer service, and assists in the provision of training on use of emerging technologies to the Atlanta University Center faculty, staff, and students. This position will require evening and weekend work on a rotational basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage the library's website, including performing routine maintenance and updates.
* Develop and implement ideas about website layout and design.
* Post approved content to the library's website via a content management system to include announcements, events, news stories, and job postings.
* Coordinate and collaborate efforts related to the website with staff and an external website development company.
* Manage the library's webmaster email account and respond to other public inquiries about the website as needed.
* Perform routine quality assurance checks for website functionality and troubleshooting of all website content. Test library website for performance across browsers, operating systems, and mobile devices.
* Train library staff on the website's content management system as needed.
* Manage the Library's mobile app with Boopsie/DEMCO, including performing routine maintenance and updates.
* Assist in creation of online tutorials for learning technologies, software and hardware.
* Provide information assistance to users at service points on a rotating schedule, including evenings and weekends.
* Respond to phone, email, and in-person customer inquiries regarding Technology Design Studio services.
* Schedule appointments for group study, audio-visual editing suites, and presentation-practice rooms.
* Assist in providing training to AUC faculty, staff, students, and library staff with iMacs, PCs, and various software programs.
* Assist in providing training to AUC faculty, staff, students, and library staff in the use of new learning technologies.
* Collaborate with various library departments on projects involving multimedia production.
* Assist with classroom and lecture capture setups in classrooms.
* A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred; or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired
* Two plus years of relevant website management experience
* Experience managing websites through content management systems (e.g. WordPress).
* Expertise in HTML and CSS (experience with PHP preferred).
* Ability to create and edit multimedia items (photo/video/audio production).
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* An attention to detail for quality assurance checks, including experience in copyediting
* Knowledge of web analytics and associated tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Piwik)
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills
* Strong customer service, troubleshooting and organizational skills
* Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, company paid disability plans, company match retirement plan (TIAA-CREF).
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application and resume online to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Justin de la Cruz
Unit Head, E-Learning Technology
Atlanta University Center
Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive SW
Atlanta, GA 30314
Phone: (404) 978-2064
Published: Monday, April 1, 2019 16:28 UTC
Last updated: Monday, April 1, 2019 16:28 UTC