Full Stack PHP Developer
Are you interested in being a part of a company that has a positive social impact? Do you want to join a growing team with a modern engineering culture?
BiblioCommons is a Toronto based software company that builds SaaS solutions for public libraries. Located in the heart of the fashion district at Spadina and Adelaide, we have a team of 70+ people that are passionate about making public libraries accessible, delightful, and engaging.
We want you to join our team working on a multi-tenant WordPress application that serves millions of library patrons each month. The application is built with modern standards in mind, so you’ll be using technology such as PHP 7.2, Docker, Redis, and more. This is not your typical WordPress gig.
Currently we’re building out integrations with external services (such as newsletters) to improve the user experience at our libraries. Your time will be spent planning new features with the Product and UX teams, while also building these features out with the rest of the Engineering team.
Engineering @ BiblioCommons:
We here at BiblioCommons offer an opportunity to work in an environment that combines the challenges and complexity of a large-scale, data-intensive application with the creativity and fun of a sophisticated consumer software offering that is central to the daily interactions of millions of users. We are a highly collaborative team that applies innovative solutions to challenging problems. We believe strongly in shipping code early and often, and investing heavily in automation to make that possible. We are also committed to doing things right and always looking for ways to do them better. We take the time to optimize and redesign systems to be more robust and scalable.
You will enjoy and be successful in this role if you are:
- Supportive and enjoy working with a team
- Looking to grow into a tech leadership role
- Able to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Passionate about web accessibility and performance
- Awesome at teaching others your skills
How you will make an impact:
- Collaborate with team members to plan new features
- Write robust, modular, and testable code
- Support your Engineering peers with regular code reviews
- Contribute to React components in shared code repositories
- Address tech debt at the right times for faster feature delivery
What you will bring to the team:
- 2+ years of modern PHP development experience
- Effective interpersonal skills and experience collaborating across teams
Bonus Points for:
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Understanding of web accessibility design patterns
- Knowledge of caching strategies and how to get the most out of them
- Experience with WordPress development and / or Salesforce integration
- Annual professional development budget of $1500 after your first year of employment
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Healthy snacks
- Friday happy hour
- Monthly team lunch and demos
- Regular hackathons
- Sponsored recreational co-ed sports team
BiblioCommons is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 20:25 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 20:25 UTC