• Provides leadership and support for all aspects of the implemented web discovery platform, ILS, and other related library systems
• Engages students, faculty, and staff in regard to their utilization of library systems with the goal of optimizing user experience and accessibility
• Stays current with new technologies as applied to digital library platforms and works with appropriate LIT staff to implement upgrades and new technologies.
• Works with the Technical Services and Public Services staff and Collection Development and Acquisitions Librarian regarding configuration and operational support for acquisitions and resources management functions within the Library’s ILS.
• Works with the Director of Research & Digital Scholarship Initiatives on technology platforms supporting the library and our digital collections
• Provides support, documentation, and training to other Librarians and staff working with component parts of the supported library systems as needed
• Stays current with developments in cataloging, bibliographic discovery, description and subject analysis, metadata standards
• Works Interfaces with external vendors support personnel and with colleagues from other academic institutions on consortia projects and initiatives.
• Evaluates with other librarians the effectiveness and efficiencies of existing library platforms/systems in support of desired configuration, layout, and design of library web resources.
• Participates in instruction and research services to gain further insight into users’ practical experience with library discovery tools
General Library Faculty Responsibilities:
• Participates in LIT and Library planning initiatives and in establishing and evaluating goals, objectives, and priorities
• Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates any staff that may report to the position
• Serves on university-wide committees, task forces, or study groups as desired or needed
• An ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS degree or equivalent graduate degree and relevant experiences
• Experience, or demonstrated interest in managing ILS and discovery platforms
• Experience with the Innovative Interfaces, Inc. ILS (Sierra)
• Experience working with other applications, systems, and tools, for example, Illiad, OCLCServices, Ebscohost, or Serials Solutions (ProQuest)
• Demonstrated Practical experience/familiarity with cataloging and metadata structures and relevant tools for data manipulation
• Familiarity with trends in scholarly communication
• Experience working in an academic library is desired, an academic library in a small liberal arts college is a plus
• Experience with staff supervision, training and development (namely, library assistants and student workers)
Interested and qualified candidates must submit a letter of application, resume, and a statement in which you address how you will support our commitment to diversity and inclusion. These documents can be uploaded in the “Applicant Documents” section of your application.
Professional reference contact information should be provided in the application form.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Last updated: Thursday, March 21, 2019 20:22 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, March 21, 2019 20:22 UTC