*We are looking for a Software Developer who:*
- will share our passion for open source and open data, whilst using
technology to make culture available to all,
- has the experience and discipline to be organised, being capable of
- believes that technical design, good quality software and
documentation are an integral part of the job,
- can help the team take the next step further and improve itself so as
to gain a higher level of efficiency and professionality,
- is comfortable in written and spoken English and has the ability to
work seamlessly in an international environment with colleagues from many
As a software developer, you will be working physically or remotely with
colleagues from many European countries as part of (a) scrum team(s). You
will contribute to the development and maintenance of the software that
powers all our products. Europeana works only with Open Source software and
you will be asked to make our own software also available as Open Source.
You may be asked to share your experience and knowledge with the Open
Source community and also with other developers in the libraries, archives
and museum communities.
- Contribute to the development, review and testing of technical
solutions for the addition or modifications of components in the Europeana
- Maintain and improve the code quality and performance of the existing
- Get the required knowledge of the Europeana architecture to be in the
position to analyse risks and ensure proper integration.
- Contribute to the documentation of technical designs or decisions on
the software architecture.
*Knowledge and Experience required*
- Bachelor or Master's degree, preferably in computer science or
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Java developer
- Excellent knowledge of Java 7 and 8, or other versions
- Knowledge of OSGi, Spring, Maven, Jenkins, Travis, Git
- Proven experience in developing REST APIs and Microservices
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and search engines
such as Apache Solr
- Experienced in the development of good code quality software and
- Ability to work in Agile/Scrum teams
- Good written and spoken English with an ability to express complex
technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
*Further, it is a plus if you have*
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as CloudFoundry
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery
- A degree of knowledge of developing data management software for GLAM
aggregators or individual GLAMs
- Knowledge and experience of the Europeana Data Model
*Salary and benefits*
- Your monthly salary will be between EUR 2,736 - 4,339 (based on
full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience.
- Additionally, you will receive a (pro-rated) holiday allowance of 8%
and an annual (year-end, pro-rated) bonus of 8.33%.
- 1 year fixed term contract with possibility of extension depending on
- We offer 42.25 days holiday per year (based on full-time employment).
*How to apply*
*You must have a valid working permit to work in the Netherlands.*
If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae
plus motivation letter, both in English, to email@example.com.
How to apply
*Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision*
*Media Parkboulevard 1, 1217 WE Hilversum | Postbus 1060, 1200 BB
Hilversum | *
*Aanwezig:* - ma, di, wo, do, vr
Published: Monday, March 18, 2019 16:27 UTC
Last updated: Monday, March 18, 2019 16:27 UTC