Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Manager of Library Systems and Development (Information Technology) for Rutgers University Libraries - Scholarly Communication and Collections. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President for Scholarly Communication and Collections. This position plays a leadership role for a team of library IT professionals in identifying and implementing powerful software solutions to fulfill the mission of the Rutgers University Libraries over four campuses (New Brunswick, Camden, Newark, RBHS). This position provides leadership for a team of library technical professionals responsible for developing, enhancing, and maintaining an extensive portfolio of Library applications and platforms.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Directly manages, assigns and oversees the work of approximately 4 library technical professionals.
- Evaluates employee performance and provides guidance and feedback; Counsels and/or disciplines as needed.
- Manages the development and implementation of technical projects of varying scales from start to finish and ensures deadlines are met; collaborates with appropriate work groups/committees to ensure project needs are met.
- Effectively allocates/schedules project resources, completes technical design reviews and inspects quality of completed work.
- Reviews and prioritizes systems development requests.
- Plans and coordinates project schedules and related activities.
- Participates in strategic and tactical planning discussions and review meetings for projects relating to the strategic goals of RUL.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, or other related field; or equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience (to include managerial experience).
- Experience in planning, executing, and managing complex computer software development and integration projects for complex enterprise information systems
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex and demand driven environment, working collaboratively with diverse stakeholders, colleagues at peer institutions and open source communities
- Strong written, interpersonal and presentation communication skills
- Six years of relevant work experience (to include managerial experience).
- Previous supervisory/management experience for a team of employees.
- Experience in completing performance evaluations.
- Solid knowledge of server and storage architectures, as well as cloud based solutions; including authentication, authorization, account provisioning, identity management, and directory services, and proven experience designing system that integrate with / incorporate these services.
- Demonstrated experience with agile methodologies to capture, document and convey complex business needs and processes, translate them into functional requirements and system specifications, and develop a supporting technical design at an abstract level, and detailed technical specifications (including choice of implementation technologies).
- Knowledge of key trends in digital developments in research libraries including open source community projects, linked open data, bibliographic standards, metadata schemas, and digital repositories.
Last updated: Monday, March 4, 2019 22:47 UTC