Law Library Cataloging and Metadata Assistant
The Hugh & Hazel Darling Law Library at the Dale E. Fowler School of Law at Chapman University in Orange, California is currently seeking applications for a Cataloging and Metadata Assistant (Library Assistant III). The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented, and able to contribute to cataloging and database quality control projects in a dynamic, changing environment.
Under the supervision of the Collection Management Librarian, the Cataloging and Metadata Assistant is responsible for copy-cataloging and metadata creation for materials in all formats in the law library collection. This includes batch correcting and loading MARC bibliographic records for print and electronic resources, routine bibliographic and authority record maintenance in the ILS, and withdrawing materials from the print collection. Additional duties include: loose-leaf filing, shifting, assisting in training and supervising student workers, creating and updating procedural documentation, and working on special projects as assigned.
To receive full consideration, application materials, including a Cover Letter and Resume, should be submitted by March 30, 2019, but the position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please visit https://chapman.peopleadmin.com/postings/18096
- Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, or editing MARC bibliographic records.
- Experience working with the staff modules of an integrated library system.
- Ability to work independently and with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to take direction, follow established procedures and directions, and learn new technologies, tools, and processes.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in an environment with multiple concurrent projects and tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Technical skills to learn and use enterprise system and department tools.
- Ability to learn, interpret and comply with university policy and procedures.
- Two years of experience in technical services or related work.
- Working knowledge of RDA cataloging standards, the Library of Congress Classification system, and Library of Congress Subject Headings.
- Experience using cataloging tools such as OCLC Connexion, OCLC Collection Manager, MARCEdit, or Classification Web.
- Experience with the Innovative Sierra ILS.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all terms and conditions of employment.
Applications for Staff and Administrator positions must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and Administrator positions for work visas.
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion and outcomes of a criminal background screening, and returning to the Office of Human Resources a signed original acceptance of the Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.
How to apply
Published: Saturday, March 2, 2019 15:05 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, March 2, 2019 15:05 UTC