Mercer University seeks an enthusiastic, creative, collegial, and service-oriented Web Services Librarian who will guide the development of the University Library’s online presence. As a member of the University Library Technical Services & Systems Department, the Web Services Librarian interacts with library colleagues across the University in support of our strategic plan. This position will help the Library and its online content be relevant to Mercer’s diverse academic offerings and strengthen the Library’s role as a place of discovery and innovation.
We welcome applications from new and recent graduates.
For the full announcement and to apply please see http://mujobs.mercer.edu/cw/en- us/job/492570/web-services-librarian
- A master's degree from a graduate school of library and information science accredited by the American Library Association (or foreign equivalent). Alternatively, an appropriate master’s degree closely related to library and information science and at least 2 years of prior relevant experience (academic library experience preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge of a modern content management system, preferably in an academic library setting.
- Demonstrated capacity to adapt to changing technologies and maintain a current technical skillset.
- Knowledge of relevant social media services and effective deployment within an academic setting.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for reference/instruction, including commitment to personalized customer service.
- Knowledge of trends in instructional design, learning theory, and teaching in an online environment.
- Demonstrated experience with electronic resources in a library setting.
- Evidence of skills in coordinating projects, managing multiple tasks, and attention to detail.
- Evidence of commitment for professional growth and development and the potential to meet the criteria for promotion in rank.
- Evidence of successful leadership abilities.
- Academic reference and instruction experience including delivery and assessment of web-based reference services.
- Experience with a learning management system (e.g. Blackboard or Canvas).
Applications eligible for review will include (1) letter of application specifically addressing the qualifications for the position, (2) resume/CV, and (3) contact information for three professional references.
Applications received before March 18, 2019, will receive full consideration.
Last updated: Friday, February 22, 2019 20:05 UTC