Digital Scholarship Center Training Specialist
The University at Albany Libraries (State University of New York, Albany, NY) seek a dynamic and technology-savvy professional to provide instruction and customer service to the University at Albany academic community in the Digital Scholarship Center, presently known as the Innovate Make Create Center (IMC). The Innovate Make Create Center (IMC) of the University Libraries is a technology-rich environment that provides spaces, technology, workshops, consultation, and technical support to enable students, faculty, and staff to integrate media and technology into their teaching, learning, and research.
The IMC seeks a qualified individual who quickly adapts in a technology-driven environment with extensive experience with digital formats including audio and video. The successful candidate will provide online content, group instruction, and individual consultation. The successful candidate must demonstrate highly developed communication skills and the ability to stay abreast of emerging technologies.
The work schedule includes some weekday evening hours when classes are in session during the fall and spring semesters. The Training Specialist reports to the Head of the Innovate Make Create Center.
- Develop and teach workshops for University students, faculty, and staff on topics related to graphics, audio and video editing, desktop publishing, and data visualization on the Windows and Macintosh platforms
- Manage the Libraries' iLearn Workshop service including website maintenance, registration, marketing, and assessment
- Collaborate with librarians, academic faculty, and campus colleagues to provide digital media instruction, services, support, and material that meet academic programs and curricular needs
- Write instructional materials for publication in print and online
- Help maintain the IMC website
- Assist users working in the IMC lab and on personal devices and laptops
- Conduct equipment transactions and equipment maintenance; advise users on selecting and using recording equipment
- Supervise and train student assistants
- Collaborate effectively with diverse campus constituencies and participate in activities that support the University's commitment to inclusive excellence and engagement
For additional information, including qualification requirements and application instructions: https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=106876
The University at Albany is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
About the University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research, and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,900 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses. Located in Albany, NY, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City, and the Adirondacks.
Published: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 18:31 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 18:31 UTC