LSU Libraries Seeks a Metadata and Digital Strategies Librarian.
At the rank of Assistant Librarian (tenure-track), the Metadata and Digital Strategies Librarian reports to the Head of Digital Programs and Services. S/he oversees metadata generation and reuse processes for a diverse portfolio of digital projects and provides technical expertise to relevant stakeholders in order to grow and support LSU’s digital initiatives. S/he may supervise student workers and graduate assistants as needed.
- Manage the presentation of LSU digital collections by ingesting staff-generated metadata, troubleshooting content and display issues, and creating policies, workflows, and documentation. (30%)
- Provide training to Libraries staff and other stakeholders on the use of tools, systems, standards, and processes related to digital projects. Serve as resident expert in metadata standards, procedures and tools to assist in the planning and implementation of a wide variety of software applications, including Islandora, ArchivesSpace, and Aeon. (25%)
- Collaborate with statewide partners to facilitate their contribution and administration of their respective Louisiana Digital Library assets. Provide guidance, documentation, training, and a variety of routine support and administrative tasks related to metadata and ingest processes for partners’ collections. Maintain regular channels of communication with LDL partners. (20%)
- Stay current with developments in digital librarianship, including new tools for the organization and display of digital materials. Make recommendations and contribute to digital services planning and processes. (10%)
- Work to meet tenure and promotion requirements. (15%)
LSU Libraries Celebrates Diversity and Inclusion
LSU Libraries celebrates diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone thrives. We work actively to support LSU’s institutional commitment to diversity as described in the LSU 2025 Strategic Plan and the LSU Libraries’ Strategic Plan 2017-2022.
LSU Libraries offers a safe and supportive environment for the entire LSU community. We acknowledge that libraries have historically failed to appreciate the diversity that makes our society strong, and we work to move beyond these shortcomings. We advance the university’s diversity efforts through (1) recruiting and retaining employees from a wide variety of backgrounds, (2) providing a safe and welcoming environment for all, and (3) enhancing our collection and description practices to represent the whole of Louisiana.
How to apply
Head, Digital Programs and Services
Published: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 23:33 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2019 23:33 UTC