The Oklahoma State University Library seeks creative, tenure-track faculty members with a passion for emerging technologies, who are eager to drive their own projects, innovate, and take on challenges. Library faculty are actively engaged in the OSU academic research lifecycle and develop collaborations with other faculty, researchers, students, and partners.
As Assistant/Associate Professor, Digital Services Librarian, you will:
- Work collaboratively to support digital projects and develop new initiatives
- Provide support, consultation, and training to faculty and students regarding digital tools/platforms to enhance engagement in research, teaching, and learning
- Assist in the maintenance of the library's licensed digital resources, including activation and troubleshooting
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with research questions via a variety of channels
- A master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program, or equivalent
- Experience with open access platforms used to host and publish content
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of best practices and current trends in the application of technology to libraries and academic institutions
- One to two years of relevant experience within an academic or research library
- Experience with Symplectic Elements or similar system
- Experience with web-based development and/or software integration
- Experience working with Ex Libris Alma and Primo systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of common scripting languages
A successful Assistant/Associate Professor for the OSU Libraries will possess strong organizational and leadership skills; have excellent communication and interpersonal abilities; demonstrate collegiality and an appreciation for diverse constituencies. New or soon to be graduates are encouraged to apply. Each organization has a unique culture. To help candidates determine whether the culture at the Oklahoma State University Library may be a good fit, Dean Sheila Johnson has posted her expectations for OSU Libraries leaders on her website: http://www.library.okstate.edu/about/dean-of-libraries/.
You will be offered a competitive salary (minimum $55,000 annually) for this 11-month position and benefits package, including a generous holiday schedule and leave accrual. You will be offered start-up funding for research or travel, have access to a full communication team to help develop and deliver your message, and have the flexibility to cultivate programming from the ground up.
Application review begins March 25, 2019, and continues until position is filled. For consideration of your application materials, you should apply through the University’s website at https://hr.okstate.edu/employment-opportunities/.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 19:37 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 19:37 UTC