The University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library is searching for an innovative and user-focused Information and Emerging Technology Services, Department Head. The Information and Emerging Technology Services (IETS) Department Head serves as Auraria Library’s chief technology strategist. This position oversees the Library’s $350,000 technology budget to maximize the use of available resources and works with staff across the Library to ensure the highest level of engagement and effectiveness. The IETS Department consists of 8 full-time staff and 10-12 student employees.The Library supports students, faculty and staff from the Auraria Campus’s three institutions of higher education; the Community College of Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and the University of Colorado Denver. The Department Head liaises with the Campus community to ensure that the Library is meeting the technological needs of its users.
- Bachelor's in computer science, information systems, engineering, educational technology, library science or related field.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for web services, IT infrastructure, desktop support, creative and emerging technologies, or related field.
- The department provides web development, maintenance, and administrative support to the library website and other public/internal facing applications.
- Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, library science or related field.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience leading projects in a higher education or library setting.
- Experience with federated identity management services.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, January 24, 2019 07:14 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, January 24, 2019 07:14 UTC