At our unit “Academic Services”, we are looking for a
research assistant (fem/male/div)for research-based software engineering in the area of text mining with machine learning methods
The position is located in Kiel or Hamburg (depending on the applicant’s preferences), Germany, and will start as soon as possible. This is a full-time position (currently 38.7 hours per week), part-time work is possible to a certain extent. We offer a contract that is initially fixed to a period of 4 years in accordance with § 2 Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG), with remuneration based on the public sector pay scale at grade EG 13 TV-L.
- to conceptualize, develop and apply machine learning methods in the area of text mining with a focus on semantic metadata extraction
- to implement and adapt software solutions for the enrichment of information resources in the domain of economics with semantic metadata extracted from texts, preferably in Python
- to integrate those software solutions into the productive workflows for semantic annotation of resources at ZBW
- to document and version your own software solutions in order to ensure their reusability (within the limits of available software licenses), preferably in Git-based environments
- to support ZBW in networking with other institutions on the international and the national level in the area of automated metadata extraction / of machine learning, e.g. via publishing articles and giving talks at corresponding scientific conferences
… essential qualifications / skills:
- Master or diploma in computer science, business informatics, computational linguistics, information science, or in a related technical field
- established methodological knowledge and practical experience in the implementation of methods of natural language processing and machine learning – preferably also of neural networks / deep learning – for the area of text mining / information retrieval
- experience in implementing using a higher programming language and corresponding developing environments and libraries, as well as source code management
- good command of written and spoken English
- strong communication skills, intercultural competence, and the ability to cooperate in an interdisciplinary context
- with the administration of backend systems
- with the development of frontend applications, e.g. web applications or visual user interfaces
- with the implementation of state of the art software architectures, e.g. microservice architectures
- with library-specific applications, data formats, and information systems.
- good command of written and spoken German is a plus.
We expect you to be able to go on business trips and day trips to the respective other location of ZBW.
- a challenging task in a dynamic environment where team work, transparency, innovation, and continuous learning are essential
- the possibility of obtaining a PhD degree in computer science
- the public sector pension plan (VBL)
- a work place at the Fjord of Kiel or in the centre of Hamburg.
- Part-time work is possible.
- Equal opportunity and family-friendly policies.
Are you interested in joining the team?
Apply online now (ID-Nr. A1-04). For further information please contact Dr. Anna Kasprzik (firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 0049-40-42834-425).
Please submit your application with the relevant documents online by February 8th, 2019. Please do not submit a photo with your application.
We look forward to meeting you!
How to apply
For further information please contact Dr. Anna Kasprzik (email@example.com, Tel. 0049-40-42834-425).
Published: Saturday, January 19, 2019 16:55 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, January 19, 2019 16:55 UTC