Educational Technology Specialist
Library and Information Technology Services (LITS) at Bryn Mawr College is seeking an Educational Technology Specialist to join the Educational Technology Services team in helping faculty, students, and staff integrate technology into their teaching, learning, and research. Responsibilities include consulting with faculty and staff about pedagogical or program needs; managing needed technology services and tools; and providing the documentation, educational opportunities, and technical support that community members need to use services and tools successfully. ETS is also responsible for coordinating the Blended Learning in the Liberal Arts Initiative and Digital Competencies Program at Bryn Mawr College. We collaborate deeply with other LITS teams who provide technology support or support for teaching, learning and research support, including Digital Scholarship, Special Collections, and Research and Instructional Services, and with allied college departments, such as LILAC, the Office of the Provost, the Office of the Undergraduate Dean, and academic departments.
Located in metropolitan Philadelphia, Bryn Mawr College is a distinguished liberal arts college with a student body of 1,300 undergraduates as well as 350 graduate students in programs in social work, humanities, and science. An historically women’s college, we are a diverse and international community who shares an intense commitment to intellectual inquiry and a desire to make meaningful contributions to the world. The College is committed to social justice, civic engagement, and inclusion.
We are easily reached by public transportation as well as major highways. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes generous time off and a 10% retirement contribution.
- Consulting with faculty and staff to identify instructional, curricular, or research goals and challenges and devise appropriate solutions.
- Collaborating with members of the Educational Technology Services team to design, implement, and manage educational technology services and programming that meet community needs in an effective, efficient, and sustainable way.
- Contributing to outreach, communication and event planning to raise community awareness about available tools and services, promote effective instructional strategies and digital competencies, and connect clients with appropriate supports.
- Working closely with and mentoring to student employees and interns.
- Active participation in LITS projects and initiatives and collaboration with other LITS departments providing technology or teaching, learning, and research support.
One to three years’ professional focus on educational technology in a higher education environment and/or an advanced academic degree and experience working with existing and emerging technologies to support teaching, learning, and/or research.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Collaborate effectively with faculty, professional staff, and students in a higher education environment
- Analyze client needs and map them to existing services and tools where possible
- Quickly learn new technical skills and research new technologies
- Communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with community members who have diverse levels of technology understanding and proficiency.
- Remain abreast of trends and best practices in higher education teaching, learning, assessment and technology use
Experience in one or more of the of following areas highly desired: high-impact pedagogical approaches and methods; project management; digital humanities/scholarship; computational tools for data management, analysis, and visualization (e.g., Python, R, GIS, APIs, SQL); accessibility and Universal Design for Learning
Review of applications will begin January 31, 2019. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via Interfolio:
Bryn Mawr College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability in its employment practices. We are committed to building a culturally diverse environment and welcome all applicants.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 21:35 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 21:35 UTC