Systems Integration Librarian
The Division of Archives and Records seeks a Systems Integration Librarian. The Systems Integration Librarian is responsible for the development and maintenance of the division's digital systems, including the North Carolina digital repository and archives management databases. This position works in collaboration with the Digital Services Section Manager and other division staff to test and implement appropriate tools and services for the digital repository, as well as provide technical support for systems division staff. The Systems Integration Librarian will work with the Digital Services Section Manager and the Digital Archivist to create policies and guidance on digital preservation. They will work with division and IT staff to ensure the security and authenticity of the NC digital repository. This position will also assist with grant-funded initiatives concerning the preservation and management of electronic public records, including email.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES / COMPETENCIES:
To receive credit for your work history and credentials, you must provide the information on the application form. Any information omitted from the application form, listed as general statements, listed under the text resume section, or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit.
- Knowledge of or experience with digital repository environments and/or with tools and technologies that facilitate harvesting, collecting, managing, describing, preserving or accessing electronic records.
- Demonstrated ability with applying strategic analysis, problem resolution, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, as well as establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, government officials, and the public.
- Valid NC Driver's License is required or be able to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Ability to lift records storage cartons weighing at least 40 lbs, and have the ability to unpack, shelve, and shift large quantities of archival materials.
- Ability to work in an environment in which exposure to chemicals, dust and mold is possible.
- Occasional Saturday work in the Public Services Unit (Search Room) is required.
- Knowledge of or experience with Python.
- Knowledge of or experience with XSLT transforms.
- Preferred coursework in library and/or public history specializing in records management and/or archival studies.
- Preferred experience with Java.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Master's degree in library and information science or a related discipline from an appropriately accredited institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to apply
N.C. Department of Natural and Cultural Resources
Division of Human Resources
4603 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-4603
Published: Monday, January 14, 2019 18:10 UTC
Last updated: Monday, January 14, 2019 18:10 UTC