SUMMARY: The Systems Librarian oversees the maintenance, development and customization of the Library’s search tools through usability testing, extraction and analysis of statistics, and integration of the discovery system and other Library content management systems.
- Provide leadership, training and support for an integrated framework for library systems (e.g. link resolvers, digital commons, and access systems, integrated library systems, and discovery solutions) to improve user experience.
- Contribute research support for library collection analysis activities and assessments.
- Support and enhance the ILS, including testing, customizing reports, training staff, and improving staff and user interfaces.
- Collaborate with library staff, IT colleagues, and consortium partners to provide flexible and innovative information services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information to a general audience and to interact effectively with students, faculty and staff.
- Familiarity with integrated library systems including library databases, content management systems, authentication systems and Open URL link resolvers.
- Familiarity with electronic resource standards and protocols such as SUSHI and COUNTER and how these standards interact with library resource and discovery systems.
- Work experience in an academic or research library.
- Knowledge of or experience with discovery services and an understanding of issues and trends in resource discovery.
- Knowledge of or experience with Alma and Primo
- Knowledge of or experience with maintaining databases and troubleshooting access problems.
- Knowledge of or experience in library systems, acquisitions, cataloging, serials, collection development, digital projects, or information services.
- Knowledge of or experience with design, implementation, and maintenance of web pages.
Last updated: Saturday, January 12, 2019 06:17 UTC