The University Libraries at Appalachian State University seeks a proactive and creative Electronic Resources Librarian to join the Resource Acquisition and Management (RAM) team to support our electronic resources in the areas of troubleshooting, budget management, resource usage analysis, and license review. This position supervises two staff members in the Electronic Resources unit. This position reports to the RAM Coordinator (Head of Technical Services) and will work closely with the Lead Acquisitions Librarian.
We seek to recruit and retain a talented and diverse faculty. Candidates who are members of underrepresented populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Manages the life cycle of electronic resources (trials, acquisition, license review, access management, renewals, and cancellations).
- Acts as primary point of communications with vendors, publishers, consortia, and library faculty/staff for electronic resources.
- Troubleshoots electronic resources and manages access within the discovery service, knowledge base, and link resolver. Appalachian State University subscribes to EBSCO’s EDS suite of services.
- Coordinates proxy stanza updates in EZproxy.
- Monitors electronic resources fund expenditures and tracks against the budget allocations.
- Works with vendors and data to forecast future budget year projections to meet sustainability goals.
- Actively works to ensure renewals come in at budget-supported costs.
- Manages electronic resource usage collection and analysis to support collection management, budget processes, and annual reports.
- Recommends and leads electronic resources projects including. discovery service customization, optimization of electronic resources, accessibility, and open access initiatives.
- Takes initiative to develop preventative maintenance workflows, makes recommendations, and investigates opportunities.
- Participates in professional development and keeps up-to-date on current electronic resources and discovery trends.
- Works closely and collaboratively with other library teams to create a productive electronic research environment for students and faculty.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information science or equivalent. Related PhD fields will also be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic resource management and access.
- Experience managing a knowledge base, link resolver, ERMS, or discovery service.
- Comfort with negotiating prices and terms with vendor representatives as well as investigating consortia options for resources.
- Knowledge of or experience with working with an Integrated Library System or a Next-Generation (NextGen) system.
- Experience organizing projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Additional areas of interest:
- Experience supporting electronic resource life cycle activities in an academic library.
- Experience evaluating and analyzing electronic resource usage
- Experience with license review.
- Experience recommending and performing resource customizations with vendor technical support as needed.
- Knowledge of copyright issues, scholarly communication developments, or open access initiatives.
- Up to-date knowledge of the electronic resources discovery landscape and new initiatives within the library community.
- Strong analytical skills.
Applicant must submit (1) a cover letter addressing the minimum qualifications and additional areas of interest, (2) a full C.V. including education and relevant experience, and (3) the name, address, email, and telephone number of three to five references who are knowledgeable about their qualifications for this position.
Salary and rank are determined on the basis of qualifications and experience. Information about tenure, promotion, and other faculty responsibilities is found in the University Faculty Handbook http://facultyhandbook.appstate.edu We invite all applicants for employment with Appalachian State University to complete our voluntary Affirmative Action data collection survey. This brief survey can be accessed at https://appstate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3qi0evGEN1mmEq9
Review of applications will start January 31, 2019; however, applications will continue to be reviewed until position is filled.
How to apply
Submitted by: belklibrary
Published: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 19:15 UTC