Assist the Executive Director to establish goals, objectives, future plans and strategies for the CLAMS network to accommodate member libraries’ current and projected automation requirements. Responsible for managing and monitoring CLAMS technical operations both at the central CLAMS office and CLAMS-owned equipment at member libraries. Acts as an advanced technical resource in the administration of the network’s Integrated Library System (ILS). Provides support to member libraries for software and peripherals as they relate to core CLAMS Services. May serve in place of the Executive Director in the absence of the Director.
Cape Libraries Automated Materials Sharing (CLAMS) is a library consortium with a central site office staff. CLAMS serves 35 member libraries with 38 locations on Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket. The consortium comprises one academic library and 34 public library members.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· 3 years systems experience, preferably in a library or information hosted network environment.
· Knowledge of appropriate operating systems and hardware, library applications software, telecommunications hardware/software/services including IP telephony, TCP/IP, Web-based services and support (especially Google Apps, HTML, CSS, and Content Management Systems), and RESTful APIs.
· Experience working with databases and SQL.
· Working knowledge of programming/scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and PHP.
· Project management experience.
· Initiative, creative problem-solving abilities.
· Excellent oral, telephone, written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with vendors, all levels of library staff.
· Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, meet deadlines, delegate assignments, work under pressure.
· Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware and software problems.
· Supervisory experience and skills.
Other Distinguishing Characteristics
· Valid driver’s license. Travel is occasionally required. Use of reliable insured vehicle when needed.
· Light to moderate physical effort required in performing duties under typical office/data processing conditions
· Must be able to lift 30 lbs., bend, reach, read visually and respond to audio signals; communicate effectively on telephone, in writing, and in person with network members, staff, vendors & others.
· Operates electronic data processing and office equipment.
Starting salary commensurate with experience and qualificaitons.
Last updated: Saturday, December 22, 2018 01:34 UTC
How to apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, as a PDF attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line: Systems Manager. No phone calls please. Position is open until filled.
A Complete Job Description is available upon request.
Published: Saturday, December 22, 2018 01:34 UTC