Image Licensing Specialist
The Image Licensing Specialist in the department of Digital Imaging and Visual Resources processes and fulfills rights and reproduction requests for the Harvard Art Museums’ collection for both internal and external clients.
This position reports to the director of DIET/DIVR.
Schedule: 14 hours per week
Duration: 3 months
Location: Harvard Art Museums, Somerville Research Facility, Somerville, Massachusetts
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all internal and external requests for image licensing, for both museum collection images and museum archives images.
- Track requests in the museum’s custom Image Licensing Application (ILA) and FileMaker database.
- Complete orders on time and maintain contact with all stakeholders (curators, external clients, etc) during the process.
- Utilize a variety of software to obtain, assign and manage permissions.
- Review all captions for museum images for external and internal use.
- Compile, review images for quality and accuracy, post-process, and distribute all museum digital images for external and internal requests.
BA degree. Proficiency with computer applications and database systems such as FileMaker Pro, TMS (The Museum Systems), MS Office, Adobe Photoshop.
Knowledge of art history, copyright law, and/or licensing procedures, especially for museum collections, a plus. An understanding of collection and object research related to fine art, museums, and higher education. Work experience in customer service, art research, museums, and/or media use a plus. Proficiency in a second language (French, Italian, Spanish or German).
Apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to Jeff Steward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: Friday, December 21, 2018 17:01 UTC