NYPL Digital is the department responsible for the digital transformation of the Library in order to facilitate the successful transition to the delivery of core patron-facing services through digital platforms. Success will be achieved by the development of an affordable, scalable and achievable long-term plan comprising Infrastructure, Policies, Processes and the management of an appropriately motivated and skilled workforce to guarantee digital Preservation, Discovery and Access to the materials, assets and other resources provided by the Library, to all patrons in accordance with its stated mission and values.
The Library is currently searching for Product Managers to partner with engineers, project and product managers, and internal stakeholders to define products, drive completion of tech goals, establish priorities, and communicate to different teams, stakeholders and users at the library. Working at the main NYPL branch location (of Ghostbusters fame), you'll experience taking products successfully through a product development lifecycle while learning and refining their Product Management techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, business, psychology or related field
- Prior experience as a Product Manager in a technology services/digital media organization
- Demonstrable ability to work on a deadline and be decisive about product scope, goals, user needs and resources, in order to meet product releases
- Data driven with strong analytical capability, able to define measurements of success and impact of a product
- Thoughtful problem solver and an ability to negotiate many stakeholder needs
- Mature, empathetic, enthusiastic, and adaptable in large collaborative environments
- Advanced degree preferred in Computer Science or technology related field, Business, Psychology, or Library Science
To apply, please visit:
Last updated: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 17:36 UTC
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 17:36 UTC