Utah State University Libraries invites applications for a full-time, 12 month, tenure-track position of Electronic Resources Librarian. Information and qualifications are below. Please apply at: https://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=4090 Questions may be addressed to the search committee via Liz Woolcott, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please feel free to share this message with anyone who may be interested in this position.
Title: Assistant Librarian (Electronic Resources Librarian)
Open Date: 12/18/2018
Review Date: 01/17/2019
Job Category: Faculty
Department: Library & Information Services
College/Unit: Library & Instructional Support
Location: Logan Campus
Posting Duration: Open Until Filled
This position manages the Libraries’ collection of electronic resources and works collaboratively with stakeholders throughout the Library, University, and consortia as needed. The Libraries provide a combination of owned, subscribed, ondemand, and Open Access materials through local and consortial arrangements. The Electronic Resources Librarian plays a key role in day-to-day operations by maintaining various points of access to these materials, including through local systems and vendor interfaces. This position provides leadership for navigating the complex, everchanging role of electronic resources and communicating those changes to the institution. A paraprofessional dedicated to electronic resources supports the work of this position as do a number of collegial and collaborative cross-functional committees. The position reports to the Head of Collection Management & Resource Sharing and is a tenure-track Assistant Librarian position with a scholarship requirement and generous support for presenting at professional conferences. The Electronic Resources Librarian is a 12-month position with an anticipated start date of May/June, 2019.
• Coordinates the acquisition and management of electronic resources
• Collaborates with the Collection Development Librarian and department liaisons to assess and coordinate renewals and selection of new resources
• Provides top-level support for eresource troubleshooting and ensures ongoing usability and accessibility
• Promotes the Libraries’ resources and provides trainings to Library employees
• Manages administrative metadata in local and thirdparty systems and knowledgebases (Innovative ERM, Encore Duet, Serials Solutions, etc.)
• Negotiates and tracks licenses
• Assists in budget projections
• Works scheduled hours at the Research Help Desk
Utah State University is a multi-campus land-grant institution serving a student population of 29,000. The main campus is situated in the beautiful Cache Valley 80 miles north of Salt Lake City and offers an affordable cost of living. USU is just minutes from two mountain ranges and within a half-day’s drive of six national parks, providing a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities. The University benefits from the Merrill-Cazier Library, a beautiful, recently constructed building with an automatic retrieval system, allowing for creative and student-centered uses of space.
Utah State University offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental with a 14.2% retirement contribution by the University, and 22 days/year vacation.
• ALAaccredited MLS degree before hire date
• Ability to gather, analyze, and report data
• Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
• Excellent communication skills, including listening, writing, and speaking
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and perform complicated tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing assignments and needs
• Experience in an academic or research library
• Demonstrated technical-support skills
• Familiarity with current issues in electronic resources
• Experience training or teaching
• Familiarity with technical standards and formats relevant to electronic resources such as SUSHI, OpenURL, and COUNTER, link resolvers, proxy authentication, and discovery platforms
• Experience working with integrated library systems, such as Innovative Interface’s library system Sierra
• Familiarity with or experience administering an electronic resources management system (ERMS)
Opportunity Type: Full-Time w/benefits package
Percent of Time or Hours per Week: 100
Advertised Salary: Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits, including an additional annual retirement contribution of 14.2% of salary.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Last updated: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 17:36 UTC