Computer Support Coordinator
Come work with us in an exciting, dynamic, and flexible library technology environment as Georgetown University Library's Computer Support Coordinator.
Please apply online at this link
Georgetown University Library is seeking a Computer Support Coordinator to help expand faculty, student, and staff access to information through library technology. The Computer Support Coordinator will report to the Sr. Systems Administrator at the Georgetown University Library.
The Georgetown University Library Information Technology team offers a flexible work environment, great work-life balance (that means you can take real vacations without checking emails), opportunities to collaborate on university-wide projects, and opportunities to share projects and expertise with the academic library community. This position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to develop and deepen skills in a wide range of end-user and other computer support operations. There is room in the position for a healthy range of tasks and roles. The position also offers room to initiate projects of interest. The University offers very competitive benefits, including the potential for conference travel and presentations, paid leave, holiday leave, telecommuting opportunities and substantial tuition discounts for employees and their children.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
This position ensures that Lauinger Library staff, public and utility computers, laptops, and mobile devices (Windows and Mac) and printers have hardware and software, needed to operate computers for work, teaching, and lab activities. Responsibilities include maintaining, upgrading and troubleshooting staff, public and utility computers, printers and other computer peripherals located in Lauinger Library. Using advanced planning skills and technical knowledge, the position performs complex, relatively varied tasks to provide technical support for the computing environment. This includes hardware, operating system, network client, applications, and digital/analog interface troubleshooting, maintenance, installation, and problem resolution.
This position is expected to communicate regularly with staff throughout the Library in all library departments and locations (SCS, Blommer, and Qatar). This position plays a key role in providing the technology infrastructure for the library in partnership and close consultation with Main Campus Enterprise IT Unit (UIS). Works through extensive collaboration with the various units in UIS and UIS Security Office.
The position also collaborates with faculty and students who teach classes in the Library or use Library computers and other library technology for research, teaching, and learning.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science/Engineering or similar/equivalent degree. Degree requirements could be waived in lieu of years of demonstrable experience.
- Experience providing desktop support and systems administration for Windows and Mac software and hardware; able to create and deploy workstation images.
- Knowledge or experience in using wikis and ticketing system(s).
- Ability to be flexible, open-minded, and comfortable with changing responsibilities and duties as new and additional technology needs become known.
- Preferred requirements and qualifications:
- Experience in managing Windows and Mac hardware/software environments;
- Experience troubleshooting computers/laptops/mobile devices, printers, and computer peripherals;
- Experience and knowledge of implementing and/or maintaining software distribution and endpoint client administration tools through JAMF Casper and/or SCCM.
Please apply online at this link
How to apply
Published: Thursday, December 6, 2018 20:49 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, December 6, 2018 20:49 UTC