Please excuse cross postings.
UC San Diego Library is pleased to announce the open recruitment of an Audio and Video Specialist!
Link to posting: https://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?jobnum_in=96739
Filing Deadline: Mon 12/10/2018
Under the general guidance of the Director, Digital Library Development Program (DLDP) and under the supervision of the Media Librarian, the individual will serve as the audio / video (AV) lead for project management for all digital reformatting projects that include AV content. Responsible for the development, maintenance, and operation of the audio and video studios. Produces professional-quality archival sound and moving image recordings for the Library and performs format migration on audio and video materials for access and archival purposes. Supplies metadata in accepted bibliographic formats and standards. Transforms, edits, and encodes media content in support of the Library's Digital Media Reserves (DMR) services. Evaluates, researches, recommends, and consults on audio and video related multi-media, manufacturers, and vendors for the DLDP. Serves as the AV technical liaison for the DLDP to other Library Programs, units on campus, and other UC campuses as needed.
- Strong knowledge of current and legacy professional audio and video equipment design and operation including: digital audio workstations & software, mixing consoles, tape decks, turntables, signal routers, digital audio interfaces, signal processors, noise reduction hardware and software, CD & DVD recorders, betamax, u-matic and VHS players and recorders, studio monitors, tape and disc duplicators.
- Strong knowledge of legacy, contemporary, and future media preservation and storage technologies, applications and practices including the following media: LP, 45, and 78 rpm records, reel-to-reel and cassette tapes, CD, DVD, and multiple format digital audio computer soundfiles.
- Thorough knowledge of video post production equipment, including decks, video / audio routers and matrix switchers, analog to digital conversion hardware and software, audio and video effects, signal analysis vectorscope and waveform monitors.
- In depth knowledge of key post production software packages including Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects, Encore, Audition and Photoshop, Cleaner Pro, and Apple Quick Time web publication, etc.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems hardware and software operations including: digital audio and video recording, editing, signal processing, encoding, media production, streaming media, network / Internet operations, and data storage.
ABOUT THE LIBRARY – GREAT RESEARCH STARTS HERE
The UC San Diego Library, one of the nation's top public academic libraries, plays a critical role in advancing and supporting the university's research, teaching, patient care, and public service missions. The Library provides the foundation of knowledge needed to advance cutting-edge discoveries in a wide range of disciplines--from healthcare and science to public policy and the arts. The Library provides access to more than 7 million items, including digital and print volumes, journals, and multimedia materials to meet the knowledge demands of scholars, students, and members of the public.
The Library acquires and manages significant audio and video resources in support of all disciplines, particularly the arts and humanities and Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO). The diverse the media collections include a strong emphasis on 20th and 21st century, avant-garde, and cross-disciplinary arts. The collections, including sound (LP, CD, tape), moving image materials (VHS, DVD, Blu-ray, 16mm film) as well as licensed digital media content, have been developed as essential resources supporting instruction and research. Collections of distinction include experimental art films, Asian videos, 20th and 21st century poetry, art and music recordings and scores, post-1950 visual arts, media documenting SIO and Melanesian research expedition, and new media.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
With a current enrollment of more than 30,000 students, UC San Diego is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge through excellence in education and research at the undergraduate, graduate, professional school and postdoctoral levels. The campus is committed to community engagement, public service and industry partnerships in order to advance the health and well-being of our region, state, nation and the world.
The University of California, San Diego is recognized as one of the top 10 public universities by U.S. News and World Report and has consistently been ranked as the top college in the nation by Washington Monthly in terms of its public contributions to the nation. UC San Diego attracts $1 billion annually in research funding and is among the top ten universities in the nation in terms of its federal research funding.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
Published: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 22:58 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 22:58 UTC