Mercer University seeks an enthusiastic, creative, collegial, and service-oriented Web ServicesLibrarian to guide the development of the University Library’s online presence. As a member of the University Library Technical Services & Systems Department, primary job duties include collaboratively creating and assessing a cohesive web presence, composed of the web site, social media, and related training materials. This position will help the Library and its online content be relevant to Mercer’s diverse academic offerings and strengthen the Library’s role as a place of discovery and innovation.
For the full announcement and to apply please see http://mujobs.mercer.edu/cw/en-us/job/492570/web-services-librarian
Applications received before December 7, 2019, will receive full consideration
- A master's degree from a graduate school of library and information science accredited by the American Library Association (or foreign equivalent) or an appropriate master’s degree closely related to library and information science and at least 2 years of prior relevant experience (academic library experience preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge of a modern content management system, preferably in an academic library setting.
- Demonstrated capacity to adapt to changing technologies and maintain a current technical skillset.
- Knowledge of relevant social media services and effective deployment within an academic setting.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for reference/instruction, including commitment to personalized customer service.
- Knowledge of trends in instructional design, learning theory, and teaching in an online environment.
- Demonstrated experience with electronic resources in a library setting.
- Evidence of skills in coordinating projects, managing multiple tasks, and attention to detail.
- Evidence of commitment for professional growth and development and the potential to meet the criteria for promotion in rank.
- Evidence of successful leadership abilities.
- Academic reference and instruction experience including delivery and assessment of web-based reference services.
How to apply
Submitted by: brownikowskie
Published: Thursday, November 15, 2018 15:31 UTC