Senior Web Developer
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Library Systems & Web Development, this position creates, implements, and maintains custom web development applications for the various content management systems used by the Learning Resources area. Directly develops web-based applications in support of the college’s academic initiatives, the college archives, and the various library collections. As a key member of the Content and Media Services team, contributes their technical expertise, industry knowledge, and informed opinion to team discussions. Works with the broader Learning Resources staff to implement proper web technologies required to publish those department websites. Working with this team, create an interactive and engaging online identity that supports and creates a cohesive web presence through the area.
Essential Functions/Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day & long-term development, design, and administration for all Learning Resources related web sites
- Build online tools and processes to support web site infrastructure for the Learning Resources area
- Creates and designs web based versions of customized local indices/structured data, in collaboration with the Metadata Services Office, that support the Berklee curriculum and community
- Works with Berklee Archivist and Associate Director of Library Systems & Web Development to develop and maintain custom web needs for the archival digital asset management system
- Researches and develops Linked Data opportunities for interrelating various metadata structures important to or utilized by the Berklee community
- Analyze and design database structures for use within open source web site technologies such as Drupal, jQuery, Symfony, AngularJS, etc.
- Maintain web analytics systems and create reports to be used for statistical tracking and logging in the Learning Resources websites
- Develop a cohesive User Experience (UX) for websites that meet the needs of multiple end-user platforms (desktop, tablet, smartphone, etc)
- Stay current with technology available and keep abreast of new or upcoming developments and trends
- Proficiency in CSS and HTML, as well as front-end debugging and troubleshooting
- Practical involvement with managing web analytics systems and tools implementation (such as Google Analytics) to perform use analysis and ensuring tracking and reporting is correct
- Ability to design and develop the User Experience (UX) needs for multi-device implementation (desktop, tablet, smartphone, etc)
- Working knowledge and understanding of graphic design software for print and web (such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and etc)
- Know-how in using of LAMP stack environments, Linux servers, and command line interfaces
- Knowledge of library systems, and web infrastructures preferred
- Practice with version control tools like Git
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, graphic design, or music technology. Candidates with a masters degree in library science will also be considered.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Drupal (preferred), or similar content management system such as Wordpress or Joomla; including customization of theming or module development
- Development experience with integrating social media APIs (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc)
- Experience with web application software frameworks such as jQuery, AngularJS, or ReactJS
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by individuals
within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified
individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment
relationship. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With
Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable
accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
*** Application Instructions Specific to this Position ***
Currently enrolled Berklee students may not apply for staff or faculty positions.
Applicants who are both interested and qualified should submit the following materials:
• Cover letter that addresses the applicant’s capabilities and experiences.
• A resume or CV
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position will remain open for applications until filled.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to
that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Berklee provides a diverse and inclusive work environment
We all share a universal love for listening to, and creating music
We work on Macs
Great benefits (https://www.berklee.edu/human-resources/benefits)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
How to apply
Yamil Suarez, MCS
Associate Director of Library Systems & Web Development
Stan Getz Library
Berklee College of Music
1140 Boylston St
Boston, MA 02215
Published: Monday, November 5, 2018 18:51 UTC
Last updated: Monday, November 5, 2018 18:51 UTC