BPI is looking for a talented interactive developer to join our staff. We need someone who can use multiple tools to create dynamic, exciting user interactions. We’re open to an array of programming languages and strategies, as long as the end result is a fantastic user experience.
BPI specializes in media design and production for museums, visitor centers, and retail environments. We develop not only interactive applications, but also design and produce films, audio, and immersive theaters. We love to build interactions with physical components, multiple screens, and unusual interfaces.
Since we’re also a hardware integrator, we prototype and test in our shop, and work closely with our technicians to create seamless experiences that blend software and hardware to create one, unified application.
We don’t need you to be an expert in everything, but you have to be willing to get your hands dirty with different programming languages, unique hardware configurations, and a lot of imagination. We count on our developers to bring passion and dedication to the job and play an active role in the creative aspects of our work, so you should be ready to jump in at different stages of projects. We need someone who has the ability to stay focused and prioritize workloads while maintaining superior quality. We are a collaborative, team-based company so you must be skilled at and enjoy working with and communicating with colleagues.
The types experiences that we create involve a mixture of technologies. We may use a game engine like Unity3D to create an interactive that is controlled by a touch screen monitor that’s communicating with the Unity3D application over UDP or HTTP.
What we’re looking for in terms of Technical Experience and Fit:
- We are looking for you to have 3 years of real world experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, and if you’ve got a graduate degree, that’s a big plus.
- Software development experience with game engines and microcontrollers.
- Experience with data serialization, data structures, databases, restful APIs, and networking protocols like UDP, TCP, HTTP.
- Willingness to discuss and brainstorm as part of a team.
- Willingness to work with other developers and potentially do peer code reviews.
- Well rounded knowledge of computers and curiosity to learn more.
- The desire to create efficient and well-designed software and interactives.
- The ability to work autonomously on a project from end-to-end, with the knowledge that have a team around you that is ready to support you.
- Positive attitude and interest in creating great user experiences.
We ask that candidates be ready to show us examples of your work. If you have a portfolio, then please share it with us so we can get an idea of some of your accomplishments.
BPI’s corporate headquarters includes a large production studio, a full prototyping lab for all multimedia interactives, and a hardware workshop for AV integration. Our prototyping lab and hardware workshop allow us to fully test and debug every media exhibit, ensuring their quality and effectiveness on site. Recent and notable clients include the Smithsonian Institution, the Hershey Company, and the Georgia Aquarium.
This is a full-time, on site position. Benefits include medical, dental, Paid Time Off (PTO), paid federal holidays, and 401(k).
Boston Productions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Last updated: Friday, November 2, 2018 23:04 UTC