Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Information Technology & Discovery Services, the Information Technology Librarian works collaboratively across the Library and the University to implement, maintain, support, and enhance a wide range of technologies and systems providing innovative library services to the DePaul community and to ensure enduring access to the library’s extensive range of online information resources and digital collections. The Information Technology Librarian also supports library staff and local and remote library users in the use of existing information technology as well as the adoption of new and emerging technology. S/he may serve as a liaison librarian in assigned areas.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Information Technology Services:
- Provide leadership and ongoing support for a variety of library technologies and systems in support of university-wide teaching and learning activities, including the integrated library system, archives management system, proxy server, link resolver, interlibrary loan management system, and other web-based applications.
- Initiate, build, and nurture excellent relationships with a diverse community within the university, as well as external partners, in support of information technology services.
- Assist in development of the Library's web presence as well as the design, management, and support of diverse physical computing spaces.
- Research, recommend, and expedite hardware, software, and system purchases.
- Participate in the ongoing assessment and enhancement of existing technology as well as new information technology related services deployed.
Technology Teaching and Learning
- Through face-to-face and virtual environments, provide outreach, education, workshops, and promotion to the campus community about academic computing and library technology topics.
- Initiate, build and nurture excellent relationships with a diverse community within the university, as well as external partners, in support of information technology services.
- Participate in DePaul University initiatives and professional committees related to teaching and learning technologies.
- Provide leadership in the coordination and integration of online tools in support of teaching, learning, and research.
- Maintains an awareness of best practices in academic librarianship through reading in the scholarly and professional literature, participation in relevant conferences, workshops, and professional development programs, and applies lessons learned to current needs in the University Library.
Liaison Librarian Services
- Serve as liaison librarian to one or more academic or co-curricular programs, as assigned, including responsibilities for provision of information and instructional services, collection management, and engagement with faculty, staff, and students promoting library resources and services.
- Participates and represents the University Libraries in University, state, regional, or national professional service activities.
Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited program (or equivalent).
- Experience promoting and developing technology training materials and outreach programs.
- Working knowledge of current scripting and programming languages such as JSON, Perl, Python, and/or PHP.
- Experience designing and/or developing makerspaces.
- 2 years of professional library experience, with at least one of those years supporting and/or configuring enterprise.
- Library systems such as Voyager, WorldCat Local, ILLiad, Ares, and/or EZproxy.
- May supervise one or more student assistants.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, October 4, 2018 21:33 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, October 4, 2018 21:33 UTC